Dinosaurs On The Ark...LOL

by Valis 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

LOL These guys are total morons.....They claim Noah had dinos in the ark...lol...

• jws
    jws

I've always wondered about whether the ark thing could be disproved by calculating how much space it would take to fit two of each kind of animal (and 7 of others) into the dimensions of the ark.

Dinosaurs would certainly push that space over the limit. Not to mention that they've been extinct for millions of years and the ark was supposedly 4000-some years ago.

If they were on the ark, then why aren't they around now?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Dinosaurs were wiped out - then came man created by Jehooba then man is bad and then came the flood - so no dinosaurs on the ark - if there were other animals would not have been around for long

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I'm speachless over the idiocy and ignorance of their statements.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I posted about this "museum" in an earlier thread. Another sterling example of pseudeoscientific idiocy.

Museum of Earth History is quite a misleading name. How about: Museum of Fossils From the Earth's Past as Interpreted by a Modern Interpretation of Ancient Hebrew Mythology?

• Leolaia
  • rocketman
    rocketman

ABC TV's World News Tonight aired a segment on this "museum" just this evening at 6:30 EDT. Even the Watchtower Society abandoned that notion some years back...though I do remember my fascination as a kid with the dinosaur included on the inside cover map of my first grean NWT bible.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

wow. stylized disinformation.

YECs do the darndest thangs...

what will they think of next?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I started putting together some stats to show how difficult it would have be for Noah, his wife and his three sons and wives to look after all the animals in terms of feeding, giving that amount of species collected in the ark.

There's 4785 'kinds' of mammal, 9721 species of bird, 8163 species of amphibian, and over one million instects. They had to survive in the ark for 6 months.

Think of the amount of feed required. With the mammals and bird alone the time to feed them, given that each animal would require a minimum of 10 minuites attention to get the food to them, is aproximatly: 14506 * 10 / 8 = 18132.5 = at least 12 days per feeding round. To take each animal to their living quarters, estimating 1 hours per animal, (talk to any zoo keeper how long it take to put an animal into their new quarters and they would laugh it that), would take 2 1/2 years. So, if they didn't die living in such cramped quarters, where would the food and sanitation come from. This is also estimating 24/7 workloads.

Then there the specific food stuffs, koalas eat eucalypts. There are almost 600 species of eucalypts, mostly native to Australia, with a very small number found in adjacent parts of New Guinea and Indonesia. Eucalypts can be found in almost every part of the continent, adapted to all of Australia's climatic conditions; in fact, no other continent is so characterised by a single genus of tree as Australia is by eucalypts. Which is very toxic. The koala tastes each tree to see if the toxicity is ok. Which means one of two things, either Noah travelled to the bottom of the planet to get hords of eucalypts, or the kolals brought their own. And this is only ONE example.

The amount of storage for the food, elephats in six months would require over 27000 pounds of food each. I can only say with certainty that Noah wouldn't have to provide for the dung beetles.

Also, genesis says that ALL the animals were collected. So, in line with this thread, that would include the dino's.

steve

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey jws,

I've always wondered about whether the ark thing could be disproved by calculating how much space it would take to fit two of each kind of animal (and 7 of others) into the dimensions of the ark.

try this essay for starters:

http://talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

cheers,

TS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit