someone's thread stalking me.
    No, just interested in what you have to say

• Priest73
    Priest73
    the thought that Homosexuality

Not my thing man. sorry

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

I did last year for the first time in 12 years. It was after i sobered myself up, i'd spent the previous 13,14 years drinking heavily, eventually realising that i had become an alcoholic.

Upon getting sober i felt a spiritual connection that i wanted to explore. The first point of call was what i was used to. I had always felt that i was forced to fade from the JW's, after going through a messy divorce, my ex wife came from a large JW family, so fading was the easy option.

I felt as though i needed to explore the JW's for myself now. The only difference now was that i went back, knowing all that i had i learnt....607 thing, UN thing, Child abuse, etc, etc . I sat in the KH thinking what a croc o'shit. Ultimately i went to one day at the convention, the thing that hit me was first of all a sister standing up on the platform saying how she didn't go to her disfellowshipped brothers wedding...next thing applause, applause from the 8,000 there. The next thing a young pioneer sister saying he she'd given up an education to go into pharmacy and now works in a coffee shop...applause, applause from the 8,000 strong crowd.

It soon hit me that this was not God's organisation. The nostalgia element was good, a bit like putting on an old pair of comfy slippers, but i'd got new ones now. It was said to me by someone on this board which really hit home....had you been brought up a Mormon, you would be saying how you had just gone back to the Mormon church for a few meetings.

If you really think you'd like to go, then go back for a few meetings, you'll soon realise how what you have learnt since cannot fit in with what you hear from the platform...you'll then have to question what your real motives are for being there.

Paul

• Maddie
    Maddie

I have never once thought about going back since I found out that it is just a cult and not the "Truth". That would really be insanity as far as I'm concerned!

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit