Ever think about going BACK?

by jeeprube 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I haven't been to a meeting for 3 or 4 years now. (It's been so long I can't really remember). But lately I've considered going back. I mean it might be fun. There are all kinds of small thoughts that one could work into a comment during a Watchtower study. Maybe pointing out the thought that Homosexuality, or Bestiality didn't qualify for scriptural divorce. Or that accepting a blood transfusion was no longer a disfellowshipping offense. There's a whole list of legalistic things we do today, that weren't practiced in the first century......turning in field service reports would be one.....all that could be pointed out.

Anybody else ever think about it? Or maybe ever try it?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I don't know....I think the smell of cheap cologne, sweaty polyester, and fake smiles would probably make me puke at the doorstep.

I hear a "blow by blow" from my mother all the time. "Well you remember sister so and so right? She ran off with brother so and so, who left his family......"
    And by their works you shall know them.

• undercover
    undercover

My first knee jerk reaction is "WHAT! Are you crazy??" but I have to admit there are times that I wish I had responded differently to intrusive, over righteous elders, pioneers and other busybodys.

It could be cool to go back just enough for when elders or some other zealots started getting into your personal business and you could speak your mind and tell them how you really felt about their intrusiveness and that you're quite capable of making decisions yourself. You know, just creating general havoc in JWland. Then, I reconsider it and realize I'd rather be out doing something fun instead of sitting inside a boring KH all the time, waiting for somebody to antagonize me.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I have better things to do with my time than spending it in a kingdom hall hearing all the rhetoric from the platform and the heads nodding and the comments made by the R&F.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't need to go back. Every day I drive by 3 different kingdom halls on the way to work and again on the way home. That gives me all the nausea I need.

W

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I got the play-by-play from the recent District Convention from my wife (she went with her parents). Remember how you couldn't wait for lunch so you could cruise the hallway's to pick up chicks? Now it's all about the camera phones man. No more notepads to write down phone numbers, now it's a picture and a phone number in your phone. Makes me wonder how many Sony PSP's there were at this years conventions.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Makes me wonder how many Sony PSP's there were at this years conventions.

at least one.

• luna2
    luna2

I can't stand to be bored any more and rarely do anything I don't feel like doing with my free time (need to change this up a bit as I don't feel like doing certain chores around the house much lately either), so I doubt I'd ever walk back into a KH. Just thinking about it, I can feel the back of my neck stiffen from tension. I can't imagine putting myself through that just to tweak their noses...I'm not much of a nose tweaker anyhow.

• foreword
    foreword

I've thought about it since recently something made me want to rub their noses in some of their stupidity.

One that I really would like to do is: When an elder is giving a part, especially in the service meeting. and it's obvious that he barely skimmed the material before his part (they all do it anyway), just say out loud, something like "Hey brother, couldn't you get ready for your part, you're boring everyone"...

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

No way, could never do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit