Who are you now?

by tsunami_rid3r 31 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

man im confused. who am i?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Judging by your avatar I'd say you are here from the future looking for some kid to protect from an assasin being sent back from the future to eliminate.

You'll be back!

W.Once

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

NTA,

Exactly. I fit into the undefined category, which I guess can be defined as an abstract label. I find myself constantly changing and evolving, probably faster and more frequently than most (is that redundant?), and I can never settle on one concrete 'label', and I don't strive to do so.

I'm just me. I don't feel the need to fit in anywhere. I know I don't necessarily fit in here, but I choose to hang around to share ideas, learn, and possibly support someone with whom I can relate. That's what life's all about.

• Satanus
    Satanus

My body is here and i know it's demands fairly well. Am i my body, or am i my mind, or am i something else? Am i all those things together? A materialist would say so. I look for myself, but have not seen me. Perhaps i do not exist.

S

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

my names Jason to. i just call it getting smarter. everybody wants to be different in some way but at the same time people want to fit in. Ive found that getting a little stuff off alot of people will kind of accomplish that.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    man im confused. who am i?

I hated that movie. LOL
    You are who you are. Don't give in to the societal pressure of 'fitting in' anywhere; this will cause you to change in an unnatural way. That can create more harm than good. This is how the elitists of society separate the 'worthy' from the 'unworthy'. It's definitely a dying trend. I don't necessarily feel that one must 'fit in' to find his or her clique. I'm NOTHING like any of my friends. We don't even like the same type of music! We simply accept one another as we are.
    Just take things one day at a time and do what makes you happy. Get out and mingle as a unique individual. Things will come together.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

and speaking about no really fitting in here i know what you mean. Ive got stories and have done some stuff that i haven't seen mentioned in here at all not really even touched on. but like you said I'm still here and i change my life for a minute to fit in this category for a while

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

NTA,

I've found that we can have a melting pot of good friends. It bothers me that some people think that they need to 'fit in' with a certain crowd to make this happen.

Interests and similarities aside, good people can definitely click with other good people regardless of background.

When my best friend and I first met, we had absolutely nothing in common. We'd hang out and have a beer or two, but that was about it. We now do a lot of the same things together, but it was an evolving process. We both took things from our own personalities and experiences, eventually combining them to find common ground.

That's the coolest type of friendship IMO.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I forgot to add one of my pet peeves: People who claim to know who they are or pressure other people into finding out who they are.

The fact of the matter is, NO ONE knows who they are. If people actually did, the world would be a utopia. We simply create ideals and attempt to live up to them.

The problem with the world is that too many people claim to 'know' themselves and religiously stick to this standard. They're setting definitions for themselves which may not necessarily be true, because what they believe about themselves may be a lie.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I am the Lizard King, the Duke of the Galapagos and the Supreme Lord of all the Deserts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit