Who are you now?

by tsunami_rid3r 31 Replies latest jw friends

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

All of us have been tit-sucking Jehovahs Witnesses at one point in our lives, and we have been deceptively forced to give up our very own individuality to become one group united under, supposedly, God's only Earthly organization. Just maybe, maybe throughout your much hated dull life, as a brainless Witness, you weren't allowed to experience the necessities of life, such as Satan's blaring rock and roll that you oh so always wanted to listen to, dressing up in those flaming hot name brand clothes lines, being part of a sports team, knowing what true bonding friendship and competition really meant, or chosing those friends you know would never turn you in for having that nightly drink at the club. Now that we know the real truth, and the damage has been done, what have you done to repair it? What have you done to create the individual-self in you?

For me, I knew what I wanted in my pointless life, and boy did my life suck. I hated it, and I wanted something to live for. I needed that catalyst. It took one person to push me, to set me free. Truthfully, I admired that person because we could relate to each other so close. Both of us live in a world of opression, and both of us hated religion. We shared ideas, political and religious. She molded me into who I am today, and I try to live by it, but staying ever open minded to new ideals. To describe myself, it would go something like this: my life revolves around music and making things right in a world full of wrong. I love to party my ass off and live life to the fullest. I love meeting different people, learning about different cultures, and I want to travel the world someday. There is only one thing that I believe in and live for, and thats love.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm th fat kid who sticks up for the little guy, and speaks his mind.

My friends really love me and my enemies really hate me.

I just do things for me right now, and once I get my shit together, I'll help other people follow suit.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

i guess you haven't had love kick you in your balls yet. thats going to be one of the harder ones to deal with especially when you have already lost most of what you were raised with. dont put everything into a relationship thinking that they are giving thee same back and make sure you find something else to help keep you living because love isn't around all the time.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    i guess you haven't had love kick you in your balls yet.

LMAO!!

Wait til you get reamed by your emotions...

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

i dont really believe in god, and we need something to believe in. i just believe in love. it sounds good. if all of us loved one another the world would be a better place.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Is that you in a convertible, T3? Groovy Avatar, fam

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Tsunami,

Here is a definition of "Love" made in the song by the Eurythmics entitled "Love is a Stranger." See what you think. Have you heard it?

Love is a stranger
    In an open car
    To tempt you in
    And drive you far away

And I want you
    And I want you
    And I want you so
    It's an obsession

Love is a danger
    Of a different kind
    To take you away
    And leave you far behind
    And love love love
    Is a dangerous drug
    You have to receive it
    And you still can't
    Get enough of the stuff

It's savage and it's cruel
    And it shines like destruction
    Comes in like the flood
    And it seems like religion
    It's noble and it's brutal
    It distorts and deranges
    And it wrenches you up
    And you're left like a zombie

And I want you
    And I want you
    And I want you so
    It's an obsession

It's guilt edged
    Glamorous and sleek by design
    You know it's jealous by nature
    False and unkind
    It's hard and restrained
    And it's totally cool
    It touches and it teases
    As you stumble in the debris

And I want you
    And I want you
    And I want you so
    It's an obsession

I just thought of this when you mentioned the importance of love in your world view. There are so many takes on "Love" its hard to see it in the terms you describe.

I've always thought this song was a nice overview of the subject.

W.Once

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

do you know what the definition of making love is ? its something a girl does while your screwing her. sorry for that one women

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Who am I?

I'm simply Jason, undefined.

Why should I define myself with a label? Christian, Atheist, Agnostic, Straight, Gay, White Collar, Blue Collar, Happy, Sad, Indifferent...it's all bullshit. I am what I feel at any given moment.

Labels are confining. We look to define who we are and limit ourselves based on the definition. We look to 'fit in', to 'settle', to 'belong'. And for what? Why do people choose to limit themselves? It makes no logical sense.

Who am I?

I'm simply Jason, undefined.

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

the guy formally known as Jason. everyone fits in some category somewhere even if the "no category" category. the fact that people are on here is a category in itself isn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit