What's your favorite music group that I probably haven't heard of?

by joelbear 72 Replies latest jw friends

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

Cat Power was so strung out the night she played in Lawrence. 'Played' is more like it. She mumbled through most of her songs and stumbled off stage halfway through the set. I love her cds, just wish she could stay sober on tour.

Have you ever seen her live?

• Purza
    Purza
    BAy City Rollers

Definitely heard of them.

How about: Dudley

http://www.dudleymusic.com/

Purza

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

WEEN

Tomahawk

Dillinger Escape Plan

Mastodon

Clutch

Icanlickanysonofabitchinthehouse

Placebo

Sparta

Mars Volta

Floater

Isis

Turbonegro

Drive-By Truckers

Murder City Devils

Dead Low Tide

• chrissy
    chrissy

was a fan of cat power too...wow, didnt know she had a sobriety issue. I believe it, that gal knows pain. I have not seen her live, but do like her raspy voice.

I use to see shows at the bottleneck, grenada and that sort of tiny triangle shaped bar towards the end of mass st. Does appleseed cast still play up there, lucky nun?

imo, Lawrence is inarguably the coolest part of kansas.

Dillinger Escape Plan
    I know this couple into hardcore music, they named their son Dillinger after that band...I'm thinking yeah but do you guys know that the band is named after a serial killer? That lil kid is bound to have issues.
  • prophecor
    prophecor

The Cult of Personality

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

chrissy:

Are you talking about the Replay? The bar on the corner with the video games?

I hope nobody ever gets that obsessed with Filthy Jim.

Lawrence is the shiznit, yo. I feel lucky to be able to raise my children here.

• lawrence
    lawrence

'Forrest McDonald Band' - from Georgia. I co-wrote one of the tunes on the new CD. (tune: 'Only Moments' BMI)

'Driveway' - Robin, my friend plays drums in this Toronto band getting some airtime in Europe.

• daystar
    daystar
    Cat Power was so strung out the night she played in Lawrence. 'Played' is more like it. She mumbled through most of her songs and stumbled off stage halfway through the set. I love her cds, just wish she could stay sober on tour.

Have you ever seen her live?

I haven't. I saw her play with Guster on Austin City Limits once, but that's it. Ah, tortured artists...

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Frosted Starseeds Sounds From the Ground zerO One Open Canvas G.O.L. Amaranth Signal TUU A Positive Life Bluetech?

• Valis
    Valis

FOMA, they sound just like Rush

Cowboy Junkies, great Canadian band

Lullaby Baxter Trio, good stuff and the woman has a great voice..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit