Ex-Elder Friend Tells Me Why He Thinks Elders Don't Go After Me!

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

what i have recently wondered is this..

if the bible says someone should be disfellowshipped...then why are they afraid to df someone who threatens legal action..

according to this reasoning..

blood should be allowed in life-threatening situations

voting should be allowed where there is a risk of going to prison

serving in the armed forces should be allowed where there is no choice

preaching should be stopped if continuing means losing ones freedom and possessions

...just where is the courage of their convictions in this issue..

do they not believe that jah will provide

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    what i have recently wondered is this..

if the bible says someone should be disfellowshipped...then why are they afraid to df someone who threatens legal action..

I find this distinctly odd too.

It has never occured to me to question d'fing as a legal issue. Until now. I knew it was a horrible thing to do, but the thought that you can stop them from doing it by threatening legal action is quite a new thought to me. A nice new thought.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    according to this reasoning..
    blood should be allowed in life-threatening situations
    voting should be allowed where there is a risk of going to prison
    serving in the armed forces should be allowed where there is no choice
    preaching should be stopped if continuing means losing ones freedom and possessions
    ...just where is the courage of their convictions in this issue..

The most obvious reason is that in this case, it's the leadership of the organization that stands to get hurt and not the rank and file.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    The most obvious reason is that in this case, it's the leadership of the organization that stands to get hurt and not the rank and file.

Perhaps amended to say the 'local leadership'? Clearly the elders have been advised that they will personally be the victim of legal action. The GB and the legal corporations will let the pain fall at the local level, and that seems to be key.

Jeff

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin
    Just as well, really, coz I heard he's only got one testicle...

The other one was bitten off by a rabid sewer rat, it took two days to consume.

Why don't they go after some and do others? I think not being a loud apostate is the main reason for some elders to just let it ride. The stories that are out there are amazing to hear, most true (fornication and such) and the leave you alone. Past relationships with former fellow elders also may come into play.

HCM

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    defd says: please i dont not want ot talk to any apostates or disfellowshipped people...Only faithful witness in good standing id talk to. And i will know whos who in a matter of time

Well he's already shown himself to be a hypocrite - so who he speaks to on the board is of no surprise to me.

Josie

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Well he's already shown himself to be a hypocrite - so who he speaks to on the board is of no surprise to me

If Defd has changed his mind since his first post, is that a bad thing? Has anyone else on here ever altered their approach after discussing & taking on board others comments?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Minimus,

It's probably true, what your friend told you.

I think you said you'd read my letter to the local body of elders. They've said nothing to me since. Lori and I ran into the elder that invited me to the JC meeting, and the one to whom I delivered the letter I wrote. (It's posted here online if anyone is interested in seeing it. Just check out my posts.). The elder said hi to me!

Anyway, there may be one other reason why they are leaving you alone. When I show anyone pics from the New England Apostafest, they all say how much like Dennis Franz you look!

R

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I asked him why he felt this way.
    I'm not suprised.

• JH
    JH
    Police can't do anything about that BL.

Minimus has friends...lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest