Im Sad! My Mom is slowly dying from a rare disease!

by ButtLight 60 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
  • kls
    kls

Sorry Buttlight , that is very sad to hear Hope there is away something can be worked out so she isn't alone.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hugs sweetie.. come here to vent and get support when you need it.. we love you, you know!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

You have a PM...my heart and thoughts go out to you :(

• zulukai
    zulukai

SO sorry for the pain and desperation you are going through right now! And your mom"s condition sounds so sad. I agree with Sunspot's assessment of nursing homes. They can be a blessing for people such as your mom. and not the horrible places some believe them to be. You would have to check them out of course and see what's avaiable in your state.
    Even though you can't stand the thought of her being in managed care it's only a matter of time before you will have to consider it for her well being and safety. This is the only recourse because the the alternative of a fire or a fall in the bathtub and not being found for hours or a day is frightening.
    Life is such that the day we all fear to see looming on the horizon where our parents are concerned does come and we have to step in and become our parent's parent. Sounds as if you have come to this place and I feel for you from the bottom of my heart!

• carla
    carla

I'm so sorry! Maybe some support group could help with suggestions? Will be thinking of you, carla

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's decline.... It's so hard for you to watch, I'm sure. Know that good thoughts and love are headed your way.

GGG

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

How old is your mom? Is she on SS yet?..She should qualify for disability. When she does the state has all kinds of programs for help to come to you.If her income is low enough she can get medicaid or it not she can get medicare. If you were honest with the Dr maybe he can help with some suggestions. Also the Social Security dept. can talk with you about different options.

My husbands cousins wife took care ol her Mom for years at her home. She ended up in a hospital bed that the state provided.It was through hospice. She put her mom in the middle of the house so she could be seen at all times.They would always talk to her like she could hear them. Who knows? Her mom lasted a long time that way. Eventually just shribling up and dying in a coma.She had alzheimers.But she lasted years longer than they said she would. She refused to put her mom in a nursing home.

Sometimes there is a way to work it where the state pays you to take care of her. Relatives don't usually qualify but there are ways to work it.

You will just have to check all the avenues out. Look in the phone book under Government agencies for aging. AARP may be able to point you in some direction also. But again..it depends on how old she is.

Best to you..Snoozy

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I certainly don't belong in a position to advise you, but I'm quite sure, no matter how heartbreaking it might be to experience, that I would house and look after my aged and ill father/mother in a NY minute. And if they accidentally did something irresponsible and e.g. burned down the house, so be it. My love and feelings of responsibility towards my aged parents would outweigh that scenario. After all, they spent years with me, raising me, as a naive child who could have done extreme damage. Nursing homes have their place, but I'll reiterate a notion you described, I'd sleep on the pull-out sofa if need be.

• shera
    shera

You are a great,loving daughter with a wonderful soul.So sorry you and mother are going threw this.

Like Nathan and others have said,I feel it is best to let the doctors know and get the medical help she needs.Reading the symptoms and seeing how things progess for the worse,you will not have the care and medical treatments to handle a situation properly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit