My Mom Requests They Don't Announce Her Name If She Is Sick--- On Platform

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    alienating the faithful

How quickly the WT can see them as Unfaithful.

• minimus
    minimus

50 years of obedience means zippo to them if at this moment you're not performing Watchtower "wholesouled".

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

With regard to them alienating the faithful: they should never forget that these elderly ones are probably the only ones really contributing any money.

What happens when these ones are gone - or if they leave? I don't know if anybody realizes it but the elderly are the only ones (if any) who have disposable income to part with. Do they think that the struggling younger dubs raising families (especially the ones who didn't go to college and who earn low wages) are going to be putting money in the contribution box?

I don't think so.

• minimus
    minimus

Honestly, I don't know how the Kingdom Hals survive. The donations are always lacking---for years. It's gotta be worse than ever. Regarding the elderly, they've got no money. That's why it is called the "widow's mite".

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Minimus wrote:

Why, she even went out for dinner with me on Thursday, rather than get "hooked up" by telephone to hear the meeting. When a couple of her friends asked why she wasn't on the telephone line, she told them she had something come up and was not going to discuss it. She still says she feelds like she was "spiritually raped" by the elders.

I'm thrilled that your mom is dropping the scales from her eyes. She is taking some great steps, I figure. I truly sympathize with her -- the feeling of being raped is weighing heavily on her. Such a deep betrayal by "loving" elders who have her their "best interests" at heart. Yeah, right. She was a great marketer (for free) of their books, etc. until she went to the "worldlyTM" wedding. Their form of "punishment" is downright ignorant. Seems your mom is doing some independent thinking ... Yay!!!That being the case, I just know she will be okay!

MidwichCuckoo wrote:

Have the elders become the 'Collective Conscience' for all?

I've wondered this myself -- In my own situation. As if a group of men who barely know me have the authorityTM to make a judgment on the quality or health of my faith or motives. That is my definition of cult abuse!

Minimus wrote:

They told her that "on paper, to the Society" they did not remove her but said due to her illnesses "SHE" quit. When the elders and CO told her this on his last visit, she told them they were "liars" and that she "NEVER" told them or wrote to them that she wanted to stop pioneering. They tried to fluff things off but she was resolute and now they are backing off.

I'm so sorry to hear how shabbily the elders are treating your mom who has been so devoted to the borg all these years, to the point of pioneering. She deserves waaaay better treatment than she is receiving. I see the elders as looking out to cover their own butts. They aren't really concerned about anyone -- except their own butts. Seems like the elders, by announcing from the platform that your mom is "sick", are really saying, "would someone go talk some sense into Sister Minimus and get her to repentTM so that we can put her back on the pioneer roster ... pleeeeeease? And 'make' us look good to the District OverseerTM???"

Minimus also wrote:

My mom KNOWS how I feel and she at times feels she's being "punished" for not exposing me.

Ick ... I see how deeply the guilt goes, how entrenched the fear-based teaching is.

Es wrote:

I cant believe they removed her as a pioneer for attending a wedding. I cant get my head around how its ok to attend a worldy wedding when both partners are worldy, like my folks quiet happily have gone to cousins weddings and yet they wont attend mine in Nov coz im marrying a "worldly" guy. Its pathetic. Hope your mum feels better soon es

Purely an act of high control -- the push-pull of the borg, with the elders always desiring to be "over" their flock -- pure power trip. Their ultimate goal is to inspire FEAR.

Willyloman wrote:

As we sat drinking coffee and talking, we realized how peaceful this was and how excited we were about our upcoming family reunion. It just took a few minutes to clear the cobwebs and it was like the skies parted and birds started singing. I know, that's corny, but it really was a moment. ... And in that moment we both knew, without saying a word, that we'd drive her home, stop some place for a nice lunch, and spend the weekend at the house catching up. It turned into a magical weekend, filled with real love and caring, and the world never looked the same after that. ... It was love, and Starbucks, that killed the Watchtower. And all we had to do was miss a meeting.

Sheer poetry, Willy! I know exactly what you mean, because that is my life now! No reason to ever look back! Simplistic and Beautiful!!!

Orangefatcat wrote:

Bravo to your mom and do tell her I am cheering for her. I hope what has happened to her that her health will not deteriorate. That would be terrible. ... Please Give her my love. Also I am so happy that you and mom went out together. Just give her time, she will continue to see the hypocrisy in the congregations and organization. ... love and best wishes , to mom minimus

Yaaaay! I couldn't have said it better, ofc!!! ***hugs***

Wasanelder wrote:

Have her over for lunch and enjoy baloney sandwiches in honor of the Service Committee

I laughed out loud at this one ... ROFL ... baloney sandwiches!!! Wish I could hug you, as I'll think of baloney sandwiches in a new way from here on!

It seems to me that with your mom being "deleted" as a pioneer, it makes the elders' records look bad, to lose one of their loyalTM.
    I figure they better get used to it, 'cuz more and more people are having the scales drop from their eyes and seeing clearly the control and fear-based actions of the elders.

I have a soft spot for moms, because of my experience with my own mom, who got herself in the elders badbooks. I wish I could have supported her instead of giving in to the fear that my elders wished for me. I am deeply touched by everyone's expressions. I know I didn't start this thread, Minimus and I'm apologetic for the length of my post and my responses to so many people. I feel deeply connected to your mom and what she is experiencing at this time. The disillusionment she must be feeling and experiencing -- the confusion and sadness. There is a chance that the elders have really crossed the line here and she will never be able to go back. Thankyou elders for showing your true colors!!! What is it I read somewhere, about the truth setting us free? Seems to be true in this case!!!

I'm especially deeply happy that your mom has you at this time in her life, Minimus. She is a precious soul and I know you have her best interests at heart. Maybe one day she will be reading this thread and even more -- posting on this site!

Tears are gushing from my eyes! I better go find some kleenex before I short out my 'puter!

Love and hugs to Minimus and Mommy Minimus!

ESTEE

• minimus
    minimus

Estee, you touched me! That was beautiful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit