Confrontation times 2, My lovely weekend ahead. Any thoughts .......

by run dont walk 37 Replies latest jw friends

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    Does the guy even know about you?

In any event, I'd refrain from doing anything that could get you in trouble with the law. No one is worth losing your freedom for, even for a single day. I've been to jail. It ain't worth it man.

PM me if you're in Toronto and want to meet up for a beer.

W

Yes he did know about me, and still took advantage, mind you she could of had alot to do with it. It is just as much her fault I land at Toronto Pearson airport at 9 pm Sat.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    ((((RDW)))), I hope you leave that guy completely alone. Your wife might not have even told him she's married. SHE's the one in the thing that cheated. He might not have known he was infringing on someone else's territory. Dump her. It'll help. Then go see your fam. That'll be healing.

I hope things get much better for you, RDW.

Hugs,

Frannie

He knew alright

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    Yeah, man, I've been in a similar situation, more than once. It does'nt help, socking the guy is a pyrrhic victory at best. I know it's gonna sound trite, but living well really is the best revenge. And getting yourself together and finging a hottie who takes care of you and is faithful and likes you for you is gonna be the best revenge. And it's doable. Withing the realm of possibilty. And way more fun than punching someone.

Also....and this is coming from a guy who used to work security in mosh pits and loves a good scrap..so I'm not a wussy..but consider this, I'm screwed for life from getting hit on the head wrong. I have seizures for life. So if he gets a shot in, it could mess you up. Seriously. It just ain't worth it, i've been in lots of scraps, but you never know what the other guy can or will do. Period Even if you are fully justified. That's why I won't do it unless I'm backed into a corner, and there's no other way out.

I was thinking maybe just scaring the shit out of him, without hitting him, I can be very intimidating, working in a bar for 18 years will do that. But I do feel backed into a corner. I've heard some family members say, "I can't believe he did nothing about it." , How do you handle that ?

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    Hi RDW. I empathize with your pain. Infedelity is the highest degree of dishonor among mates. I hope that you can get over it one day. That kind of pain is what King Solomon refered to as the thing that would cause any real man to fly off in a rage over, though I hope and pray that you might use a little common sense in a world already gone mad. You never know what you might be facing if you take such matters into your own hands. I don't know the entirety of your situation, but I wish you all the best in acquiring closure to it.

Respect

Art

thanks art !!!!!!!

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    Ditto what everybody else has said, rdw! Please don't run the risk of destroying the rest of your life by attacking this guy. I'm sorry about the adultry...it's a horrible feeling, I know...but to run the risk of getting hurt seriously/hurting someone else/getting arrested/getting sued over something your wife (who you are planning to leave anyway) chose to do doesn't seem like a good plan.

Hold on to your good sense, have a good visit with your family, and try to concentrate on what you can look forward to in life (which won't be much if you are imprisioned).

I know you're right luna, You really hit home on some points, it's such a difficult situation, thanks for your thoughts.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    If you get away with slugging the cheater, maybe you ought to give your brother a knock up side the head to get him thinking?

good one confused hahahahahahahahaha, you really made me laugh. I'll remember that.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    rdw,,,

It musta felt so good when your mom said that. Validation,,, yes, that helps a LOT. I hope you and mom have a good visit, hugs and tears and all!

I just caught this thread, and am really hoping you didn't visit that guy. After all, it was SHE who betrayed your trust. He was just an instrument for her to take her anger out on you. Think about it ... I felt the same way about the women my ex toyed with (though he never actually 'cheated', he did the emotional cheating thing,,, did you? hmmm), but I had to realize that it was HIM who I should be angry at,,, after all, he is the one who pledged his loyalty to me,,, not them.

tal

I haven't yet, it will be hard to avoid the situation, I am rethinking my train of thought, thanks alot lol

run

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

You mentioned:

"for a guy it is very hard to let it go, He interfered with my life and left it in pieces, it is like a mother protecting her young."

This guy made no committment towards you. It's your wife towards whom you should be directing all your frustration. Yes, it's all her doing. All her.

Just leave her and be done with it peacefully. Cheating is uncalled for, no matter what.

DY - Cheaters are despicable individuals!

• avishai
    avishai
    But I do feel backed into a corner. I've heard some family members say, "I can't believe he did nothing about it." , How do you handle that ?

So do something about it. Leave her, and sue him for alienation of affection. There might even be some obscure adultery laws on the books you could sue him for.

Better to just move on. No woman is worth the potential consequences of beating this guy. It might give you a momentary release, but it will be short-lived, and the legal system can be hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit