Has any one else got this???

by mouthy 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry
    I tried to use the information twice on two witnesses, both elders. One said that yes, they (Watchtower) made mistakes, but so did other prophets in the bible, and God used them?!?!?!!

The other said that they were the ONLY ones using "Jehovah's" name, and that made them special, thats why Jesus would have chosen them in 1919.

Assemble that in the right order and you've got a real killer:

Prophets in the bible made PERSONAL mistakes but didn't blame god for them.

The Watchtower uses Jehovah's name to prop up their false prophecies. They are the ONLY ONES doing that!

Big difference; wouldn't you say?

Prophecies and false predictions and doctrines from Jehovah are blaming Jehovah. Prophecies and false predictions and changing doctrines from men's opinion are a different matter since the MEN are to blame.

Whom does the WATCHTOWER attribute their failed policies to? JEHOVAH in the first place AND THEN to the people who believe the policies (until proved wrong) and then scolds them for going too far.

Tsk tsk.

Elders are wriggly eels with KY on them!

T.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Elders are wriggly eels with KY on them!

ROFLMFAO

Terry, I spit my coffee all over my screen on that one!

Probably greased up in Elder School.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    The other said that they were the ONLY ones using "Jehovah's" name, and that made them special, thats why Jesus would have chosen them in 1919

God wouldn`t choose someone for the use of a name, and even if he did, JWs aren`t even using Gods name! Gods name is NOT Jehovah, god has ONE name, and that is: YHWH - which means something like "I am/ exist", or even "existence". However, to the ancient jews, Gods name was so holy, that they, in all their supersticiousness, didn`t dare say his name out loud (partly due to the "thou shalt not speak the lords name in vain"-rule. So instead, the used the word "Adonais", which is the word used in the New Testament (by Jesus and the others), which means "lord". Eventually, the word "Adonais" melted together with Gods name YHWH, wherein the vowels from "Adonai", A,O,A were used between the consonants of YHWH, resulting in Yahowah, which then evolved into Jehovah and Jahve. But this is a hybrid-word for God,and not Gods real name. So 6 million witnesses are even wrong, when they claim this.

Oh, the irony of ignorance.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I'd love to get the book Captives of a Concept,but I'd have to do it in a way that my wife doesn't find out,which is very difficult.It seems like a very interesting book and I look forward to reading it someday.

Goldminer

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have read the book. It has been a few months now, but it was well written around the 'concept' issue. The concept being that God has a particular organization that he is directing - the JW's of course.

Don seems to have keyed on the idea that keeps witnesses 'in' no matter what they see or hear. I think it was a good read.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Goldminer - could you have it sent to a friend or to your workplace? If that fails, a PO box would do it!

Jeff

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Grace, You wrote; Thanks Gary I read your backing on the back of the book .... Don's a great guy and he did a good job on the book. It's another bullet in a loaded gun.
    Been a long time since I have seen you Are you going to PA Oct 14th??? Witness now for Jesus Convention? I doubt it Grace, Doubt reason #1. I love the Ex Witnesses and I like the trip too. We are happily caring for our cherished grandson, 2 years old, week days while his parents work. We don't want to interrupt his life by leaving right now. We plan to care for him as long as he needs us.
    Doubt reason #2. I'm not very well received by the Christian Ex Witness community. I think I have more in common with Christian Ex Witnesses than we have differences, but my past attempts to integrate with them has been rather discouraging. I don't want to go to a big expense and the stress of a big trip just to leave aggravated and discouraged again.
    I am extremely found of many of the former Witnesses I have met and most, like you, treated me well, but not all. My best wishes and my greetings to all there.

• Ring Wielder
    Ring Wielder

I downloaded the book from my.lulu.com a few months ago...i think it cost 5 dollars. I dont know if it still works but I concur that the book is a must read...its devastatingly simplistic logic shows the 'truth' to be untruth without getting involved in any scriptural, archaelogical, scientific, arguments..It simply shows that they cannot possibly have been identified by Jesus as being the true religion when he...in their opinion, inspected the earth in 1918..READ IT!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well Gary your doing the most important job Looking after your family.... But Iove ya! No matter who else dont

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit