Words You Have A Hard Time Saying or Spelling

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• colorado5591
    colorado5591

bad grammar and spelling can be fun!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I screw up they're, there, and their without fail, same with here and hear.

"Irregardless" is like nails on a chalkboard to me and if I ever get rich I am going start a public information campaign to educate people that it is not a word.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I struggle to say 'anomaly' - especially when it's 'an anomaly'

Go on try it!

• kls
    kls

Oconomowoc, i can say it but can't spell it unless i sound it out which takes a while or write it down, and i lived there 14 yrs

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I'm in the same boat as DiamondBlue. I can't say "similarly" either.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

LATELY, HERE IS THE WORDS I USUALLY MESS UP ON......

1. WEIMARANER (OUR DOG)

2. ANESTHESIA

3. COLONOSCOPY

4. CLICHE

5. POLYPS

6. THEORY

7. ALZHEIMER'S

8. HUNGRY (WANT TO SPELL IT HUNGARY)

9. RELIEF (WANT TO SPELL IT ROLAIDS )

OUTASERVICE

• fairchild
    fairchild

With English not being my native tongue, I have trouble pronouncing a LOT of words. I wouldn't even know where to start. (February is one of them). I'm pretty good at finding synonyms in order to avoid the tough words.

I have no problems with spelling at all.

• cab1000
    cab1000

oddly, I have trouble saying my own name... "Chad" ...which is awful sometimes.......

I usually mess up usually

cant pronounce constanant

cant spell tomorow

many more really...

~cab

• talesin
    talesin

supersede, and preceed (SP?)

I know the supersede is right because the S is always SUPER... lol! but is it precede or preceed???

Okay, yes, I am anal about spelling and grammer... but I do NOT correct others online,,, I let other folks be the 'spelling police', and then make fun of them.

cab, I have a hard time saying my name as well. heheh, what is wrong with us?

tal /

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Most people have a difficult time pronouncing my last name, mainly because of two odd consenents placed together. You can say my name slowly, however when you say it quickly it sounds like something different usually, nothing bad, just different.

There's a place around here called Petpeswick ... I have a hard time pronouncing that.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit