by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I cant say 'Similarly'

Probably can't spell it either!

DB74

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Committee, recommend, necessary. I always have to check the spelling.

I keep a dictionary by my desk, and check the spelling and definition of any words of which I am not sure. I do this when I am posting, because I value the people who read the board, and don't expect you all to wade through horrific spelling and grammar because I can't be arsed. That would be very bad mannered.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

hemoroids (those bum things) need to get into practise spelling it for when I get old and have to send a kid to the shops for me.

If I say 'bring me some ointment back for those bum things' who knows what i'll get. This is a serious issue.

• minimus
    minimus

French and Latin words

• minimus
    minimus

Sometimes I misspell masturbate (masterbate).....still I know what I'm trying to spell.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

im wondering, min, in what context you get to spell that word wrong?

Business letters perhaps?

• nowisee
    nowisee

how about "nu-cu-lar" rather than nu-clee-ur (nuclear).

that just drives me crazy and makes me think that the one mispronouncing does not know what he is talking about!!

• horrible life
    horrible life

I always stop and pause when I say Wasp. HL

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    how about "nu-cu-lar" rather than nu-clee-ur (nuclear).

that just drives me crazy and makes me think that the one mispronouncing does not know what he is talking about!!

I hate that too! And how about pacific instead of specific? Grrrrr

• JH
    JH

The moment I drink 2 beers , I can't say anthing straight. Not that I'm drunk, but just can't talk straight when I drink.

I can spell fine, but just need to practise my hand writting. I only use the keyboard and hardly write anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit