New Testament Paradise Earth

by TheListener 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• defd
    defd

ithinkisee

what about the other scriptures? It is so obvious that you chose NOT to believe. Why do I say that? The bible is to clear on this subject, too many scriptures to deny.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I didn't ask you about the other scriptures did I Def'd?

I asked you about Revelation 5:10. You are a well-trained JW - changing the subject when you are backed into a corner. That's what they ALL do. That's what I used to do.

If you answer that one for me (rev 5:10) we can move on to the other ones, because I am ready for those too.

So I ask .... how do you explain the terrible misstranslation of Rev 5:10?

In that Questions From Readers the Society says:

"the same as it renders the identical preposition followed by the genitive (possessive) case as "over" in Revelation 9:11 and 11:6. "They have over them a king." "They have authority over the waters."

This is bogus because using OVER in those cases does not change the meaning of the scripture. They are not speaking of location, they are speaking of authority.

The problem the Society runs into is they use Rev 5:10 as PROOF POSITIVE this means they are ruling OVER the earth in heaven. So they are using the word OVER as location. This word is not used for location in Revelation 9:11 and 11:6.

So it is basically a JW proof text with no proof. (Like most of them)

This caused an obvious problem with Rev 5:10. What would the JW Writers do? Easy! They just got out their pens and crossed out "upon" and replaced it with "over".

None of the JW Translators were Greek scholars anyways, so they have no true appreciation of how serious it is to tamper with scripture. Besides, they have a cult to run!

But I doubt you will even address this. You'll move on to another point and pretend this little discussion never happened.

You are a good JW. Keep thinking that way and maybe we can reconvene in 30 years and have this same discussion.

-ithinkisee

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

---insert cricket chirping noise---

-ithinkisee

• Honesty
    Honesty

I asked you about Revelation 5:10. You are a well-trained JW - changing the subject when you are backed into a corner. That's what they ALL do. That's what I used to do.

If you answer that one for me (rev 5:10) we can move on to the other ones, because I am ready for those too.

"the same as it renders the identical preposition followed by the genitive (possessive) case as "over" in Revelation 9:11 and 11:6. "They have over them a king." "They have authority over the waters."

This is bogus because using OVER in those cases does not change the meaning of the scripture. They are not speaking of location, they are speaking of authority.

The problem the Society runs into is they use Rev 5:10 as PROOF POSITIVE this means they are ruling OVER the earth in heaven. So they are using the word OVER as location. This word is not used for location in Revelation 9:11 and 11:6.

This caused an obvious problem with Rev 5:10. What would the JW Writers do? Easy! They just got out their pens and crossed out "upon" and replaced it with "over".

None of the JW Translators were Greek scholars anyways, so they have no true appreciation of how serious it is to tamper with scripture. Besides, they have a cult to run!

But I doubt you will even address this. You'll move on to another point and pretend this little discussion never happened.

You are a good JW. Keep thinking that way and maybe we can reconvene in 30 years and have this same discussion.

-ithinkisee

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

What’s the point of a new world full of tame lions and no Christians left to throw to them. Call that paradise?

A world full of wimps with no fighting or killing . I’d rather be gored to death than bored to death.

• defd
    defd

A world full of wimps with no fighting or killing . I’d rather be gored to death than bored to death.

Remember that old expression..........." Becareful what you wish for..............."

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I apologize if I'm changing the subject, but I've noticed how many JWs and ex-JWs use "New Testament" or "Old Testament" or "OT" or "NT", etc. As a JW, I never liked the cumbersome "Christian Greek Scriptures", etc. I wonder if others felt the same way....

Yes, it always irritated me too. It's another example of them doing something just to be different rather than actually having a reason. W

• Honesty
    Honesty

-ithinkisee

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

defd says: please i dont not want ot talk to any apostates or disfellowshipped people...Only faithful witness in good standing id talk to. And i will know whos who in a matter of time

Source

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Def'd ... still no answer on Rev 5:10?

I'm waiting ...

-ithinkisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit