You Know You Are a Cult if you...

by myself 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Grace
    Grace

...everything, all world events, entertainment, politics, are seen through only the eyes of the cult which controls. Does anyone notice how impossible it is to talk about ordinary everyday things with Witnesses? They are programmed to respond using their rhetoric -- their pre-programmed answers.

Takes on a whole new meaning of the term "artificial intelligence", doesn't it?

Grace to you.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

If you are willing to sacrifice your life or the life of your child becuse your leaders told you so.

steve

• myself
    myself

Evanescence, after I was able to compare with others here as to what I have been thru, I started reading about cults too. I realize it is not only related to JW's it is others too. I just didn't see the signs of it while I was involved. I used to get very defensive when anyone referred to it as one. Well... if it looks like a duck,acts like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....

fahrvegnugen, I worked in one corporation for a while, and my experience was good, I guess I can consider myself lucky.

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Myself, when I was reading up on jehovah's Witnesses a lot of people were calling the Jehovah's Witnesses a cult, so I decided to look more into it! I strongly advise to look for this book "Cults too good to be true" by Raphael Aron. Its a great book!

I might post something on it later.

Evanescence

• upside/down
    upside/down

Actually enjoy telling people that if they don't "join" with you...they WILL die.

u/d(of the NEVER enjoyed it...I never inhaled either class)

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

But with this whole die at armageddon thingy, does "jehovah" kill people and thats it? your non-existant??

doesn't sound so bad, non believers originally believed that anyway, they think once they are dead thats it! so how is joining the jw religion any different? the belief of death doesn't change much.

If "Jehovah" wants to kill me then, i'll try the puppy dog eyes lol! "Father, please don't kill me! "

Evanescence

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit