You Know You Are a Cult if you...

by myself 25 Replies latest jw friends

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

get straight A's at school to become a window cleaner

• outnfree
    outnfree

((((Karla!)))) Hiya, sweetie!

... have "gatherings" on major holidays, but don't "celebrate" them: after all, you "have the day off and it's a good time to get together. Besides, turkeys were only 39 cents/lb. this week!"

• outnfree
    outnfree

Oh! Sorry! That only applies to the JW Cult!

Hugs,

• myself
    myself

((((((((((Brenda)))))))))) Miss you!!! You have been in my prayers

• myself
    myself

You Know You Are a Cult if you...

Scream sanctity of blood, but it is not sanctified enough to save a life

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

LOL! Keep them coming!

... have "gatherings" on major holidays, but don't "celebrate" them: ; ;after all, you "have the day off and it's a good time to get together. Besides, turkeys were only 39 cents/lb. this week!"

It can't be a "gathering" with any non-jw family you know. Then it would be a (gasp)party jehova doesn't approve of.

• myself
    myself

if there is a change in belief it doesn't mean you were wrong, things were just revealed in a new light.

• Apathy
    Apathy

Are completely convinced that none of the teenage boys in your congregation have any hormones to speak of. Whatsoever. (Hiii, I'm back. =O You don't remember me, I bet.)

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

Myself, I understand where you are getting at, right now I am reading a book on cults its really good, and trust me there are other cults out there other than the jw one that teachers things like that! there are cults that breaks up families and says that you will be doomed if you leave. It it would help maybe read up on other well known cults and you will see similarities.

Later on when i;m not so busy i might post the 8 characteristics of a cult, I found them quite interesting.

Evanescence

• fahrvegnugen
    fahrvegnugen
    I've never had a corporation cut me off from family. I doubt that corprations see outsiders as tools of Satan

Apparently you've never worked for a corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit