Pottery Class For Me At Last

by joelbear 15 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

i made my first two pots yesterday. oh man, what a great feeling. i can't wait for next saturday to learn more.

aaaah creation, c'est magnifique.

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, isn't the clay fun to play with? I haven't tried pottery, but have done some work with clay, and it's just so squishy and easy to work with,,, I loved it!

You probably need this creative outlet. It's really good for the soul,,, making things with our hands. Creating something beautiful from a lump of clay (or whatever else) brings a sense of accomplishment that is quite special.

Hey, joel, have you thought about doing raku? You can easily build a kiln in your backyard, and the colours are awesome!

tal

• joelbear
    joelbear

oh yes, i love raku and my teacher is going to eventually teach me that.

• talesin
    talesin

Right on, dude. You might also like to look into Precious Metal clays... XW is working in it now, and whoa,,, that is some beautiful stuff!

xo

tal

• Simon
    Simon

I've always wanted a go on a potters wheel ... it looks so ... 'satisfying'. Sort of like wood-turning on a lathe (if that makes sense).

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Joel,

Are you using a wheel and throwing pots, are you using the coil method? Or are you using molds and then cleaning up and glazing the greenware? Come on man, we want details! Also some pictures of your treasures would be cool.

Good for you going after your hobby like this! There is just one warning, it can be habit forming~

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit