Typical "paradise earth" speech

by Evanescence 46 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    I remember DFs first thread here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/86019/1.ashx

DF still sticks around for some reason even though DF knows that associating with apostates is against the rules.

HA HA HA ROFLMAO. The funniest thread I ever read.
    But I can talk to him I am not an apostate....

• under74
    under74

Wow, so adult JWs are like little kids waiting to go to Chuckie Cheese. Now I know why I stopped believing when I was 12. Thanks DF for reminding me.

• under74
    under74

Oh right Danny. Talk your heart out to him.

• defd
    defd

Wow, so adult JWs are like little kids waiting to go to Chuckie Cheese. Now I know why I stopped believing when I was 12. Thanks DF for reminding me. Once AGAIN you, like so many here have missed the point of that Illustration.That is one of the reasons why you do not serve Jehovah and Jesus. You have no understanding and miss the points. Jesus wouldnt speak to the people without using an Illustration. Why? it Gave them an opportunity to show what was in thier heart. Many did not get them, even though they were simple and to the point. Why? Jesus said, they were DULL in hearing.

• under74
    under74

mmm...but you're not Jesus and your example sucks as I illustrated. Try again.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Once AGAIN you, like so many here have missed the point of that Illustration.That is one of the reasons why you do not serve Jehovah and Jesus. You have no understanding and miss the points. Jesus wouldnt speak to the people without using an Illustration. Why? it Gave them an opportunity to show what was in thier heart. Many did not get them, even though they were simple and to the point. Why? Jesus said, they were DULL in hearing.

I think Carl Sagan's words might apply here:

But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, and they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
  • carla
    carla

defd,

Do you honestly believe that, like the pictures on wt's, that the best God can do is having everybody living in nice saltbox houses, perfectly blacktopped driveways with two children playing on a manicured lawn with a panda bear, and last but not least a nice brand new (i think it was) minivan? Do you think God cannot do better than the combustible engine? Where do people get their clothing that looks like it came from textile mills? Metal for cars? must need lawnmowers by the pictures I see in the wt's. Where and who produces such items? Don't those factories contribute to pollution? Is Paradise a place we must still put in our 40 hours per week, maybe two weeks of vacation? How is anything the wt describes as paradise a paradise to you? Because finally there will only be jw's around?

I find that everytime a jw is in the news or one does something 'bad', the explanation by jw's is that he/she wasn't a 'real' jw. When in reality, they sin just like everybody else. They just try harder to cover it up. So you have cong's all over the world filled with sinners, will they make it to the so called paradise? Don't jw's realize that their brand of paradise sounds like a hell to outsiders? And is not biblical either.

carla

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

(patiently awaiting the day when dfd sees the lie for what it truly is ... that's why he/she hangs around)

• Legolas
    Legolas

Here are a few: I hope they are what your looking for

4 If a current news item involving an untimely death has been on people’s minds, you might try this approach:

· "You may have heard about [mention the news item]. When lives are tragically cut short, many wonder what comfort can be offered to the families of the victims. What do you think?" Allow for response. Then open to page 299 in the Revelation Climax book, and show the resurrection scene that is illustrated. Continue by saying: "Many are surprised to learn that both righteous and unrighteous people will be brought back to life in Paradise on earth. [Read Acts 24:15 as quoted in paragraph 9 on page 297, and then give the explanation found in paragraph 10.] This book discusses many other interesting details about God’s purpose for the future. If you would like to learn more about it, you may have this copy." Make arrangements to return, taking note of the individual’s specific interests and concerns.

When you call again, tailor your presentation to the householder. Perhaps you could say:

· "The last time we spoke, I appreciated a comment you made about God’s purpose for the earth. [Repeat the comment.] I located some material I think you will find interesting." Open the Require brochure to lesson 5. Read and discuss as many paragraphs in that lesson as seem to hold the householder’s attention. After setting a time to return to continue the lesson, give the householder a handbill outlining the meeting times of the congregation. Explain about the Public Meeting, and invite him to attend.

In either door-to-door work or informal witnessing, you might initiate a conversation by saying:

·

"Have you ever wondered what the future holds for us and for the earth? [Allow for response.] The Bible sums up the future in one word—Paradise! It explains that in the beginning, God made a portion of the earth into a beautiful paradise where he put the human couple whom he had created. They were to populate the whole earth, gradually transforming it into a paradise. Notice this description of what it must have been like." Open the Knowledge book to page 8, and read paragraph 9, under the subheading "Life in Paradise." Then discuss the points in paragraph 10, and read the cited scripture, Isaiah 55:10, 11. Offer to continue the discussion of what life in the restored Paradise will be like and to cover paragraphs 11-16 together. Or encourage the person to read it on his own, and arrange to meet again and discuss it.

If a study was not established initially, you could try to do so on the return visit by saying:

·

"As we discussed in our last conversation, it is God’s purpose that the entire earth be transformed into a paradise. That raises the question, What will Paradise be like?" Open the Knowledge book to chapter 1, and study paragraphs 11-16, under the subheading "Life in the Restored Paradise." Afterward show the illustration on pages 4-5, and ask the person if he would like to live in such beautiful surroundings. Then read the first sentence of paragraph 17 on page 10. Depending on the circumstances, either continue the study or say that on your next visit you will explain what is required in order for someone to live in the restored Paradise. Leave a handbill, explain the meeting schedule, and warmly invite the person to attend at the Kingdom Hall.

If you choose to offer the book "True Peace and Security—How Can You Find It?" you could refer to the illustration on page 4 and say:

· "This illustration is an artist’s conception of what the Bible teaches about God’s purpose for the earth. What do you think it would require for you and your family to live in a paradise earth? [Allow for response.] The Bible shows that true peace and security will soon be a reality earth wide and that Paradise will be restored. [Read Psalm 37:10, 11.] This book can show you what you need to do to benefit from what God will do. I’d like to leave this copy with you." If there is a favorable response, you may briefly explain the donation arrangement.

After you have reminded the householder of who you are, you could say:

· "I left a folder entitled ‘The New Millennium—What Does the Future Hold for You?’ Wasn’t it encouraging to read that soon the Millennial Reign of Christ Jesus will begin, bringing Paradise conditions to the earth? [Show illustrations of Paradise in Kingdom News No. 36.] On the back page, you are invited to request a copy of the brochure What Does God Require of Us?" Show the brochure, turn to lesson 5, read the first question and paragraphs 1 and 2, and ask the householder to comment. Read and discuss a scripture or two. If possible, consider another question and paragraph, then arrange to return and continue the discussion.

• carla
    carla

Legolas,

Could you please tell me where you got the above wt stuff? What book, etc.... thanks. They sure look like 'canned' responses to me! and husband says there are no canned responses! thanks so much, carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit