Down . sizing exceptions.

by Blueblades 19 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

The many mandatory meetings and mandatory Field Service requirements were the big reasons I quit.
    I have often wondered if I could have just refused to go to so many meetings and refused to report hours of witnessing. I had an elder husband who pestered me, then resented me and was embarrassed by me for slacking off in my attendance. I left him and the religion because my desire to have more private life caused so much discord between us.

Now that Im out Im wondering if I could have done things differently?
    Are there Witnesses who go to the KH only occasionally?
    Do they hit and miss the assemblies and conventions?
    Can one stop reporting time and still be considered a Witness?

Would the elders pester a person to death?

Would they back off eventually and allow you to attend a meeting every now and then without DFing you?

this would have been my paradise on earth....to be able to keep my family and have my life my way.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, I remember those extras we had to endure. At that time a JW had to be consumed with Witnessism because you literally had no time to do anything else. But since we no longer live in Ozzie and Harriet land, Satan the Devil has used moderism to get Jehovah's people off course.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Whenever I hear something about "Downsizing" I always think of phrase that was in use at my old company when they started to tighten the belt - "Cost Containment".

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Wow, I had forgotten alot of that stuff, yeah I remember the goofy special meeting on Sunday nights when the CO visited. And the length of the meetings, it just went on forever, Thursday nights were the worst during school, how I hated that, home from the meeting and straight to bed. What a bunch of crap.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    They have been downsizing at Bethel big time. Sending people home, to other branches, printing paperback books, the list goes on.

Can anyone answer?

If they are sending people home and to other branches, why are they building more and more dormitories in Brooklyn?

HappyDad

• Mary
    Mary

Are there Witnesses who go to the KH only occasionally?
    Me! I've been doing a slow fade for the past several years and I have now stopped going altogether. I haven't been to a meeting since March.

Do they hit and miss the assemblies and conventions?
    Mostly miss. I did attend one day of the summer assembly, but only so I could post their insane ramblings on this board. Talk about sacrifice!

Can one stop reporting time and still be considered a Witness?
    Not sure, but I was only rarely bugged about it at first-----no one asked me about it for the last 10 years though.

Would the elders pester a person to death?
    That just depends on who your elders are.....generally, they'll bug you for a while but will grow tired of bugging you and will probably just not say anything any more.....they've got bigger problems on their hands now then someone not turning in a field service report every month.

Would they back off eventually and allow you to attend a meeting every now and then without DFing you?
    Well, in my situation, it's worked out pretty much that way.........you can only give it a whirl. Generally speaking, if you're not causing any problems in the Hall and for god's sake don't tell them that you don't believe this isn't The Troof, they'll leave you alone.....pretty damn sad that we have to do this to keep our families but that's what this religion does.......

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/71060/1.ashx

Brooklyn printing shipped to Wallkill.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

I doubt that the number of weekly meetings will ever be significantly reduced.

You can't control the minds and hearts of a population until you ensure that there isn't much time to devote to non-organization activities. Moving to fewer meetings per week would give people too much down time to actually find out what else is out there in 'the world' to pursue.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The society knows that there are too many meetings. The District and circuit overseer get a lot of input about how the friends are not happy with all the meetings , hence low meeting atttendance. The society will not budge, because its a money issue, not a spiritual food issue.

Blueblades

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Hey, I'm a prophetess! I told 'em 13 yrs ago this would happen, that they'd be destroyed because of their evil lip-service to their God. It feels so gooooood to see this actually beginning to occur.

Noel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit