Man finds a suitcase with $80,000 in and returns it

by observador 15 Replies latest social current

• observador
    observador

The man found a suitcase with $200,000 Reais inside, the equivalent to about $80,000 dolars and returned it to the owner the next day.

The Awake! editors must be furious: the man was not a JW.

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/cotidiano/ult95u111615.shtml

Observador.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Boy, he sounds like an honest fellow! Good to know its still some honest people in the world!

M'

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:The Awake! editors must be furious: the man was not a JW.

heheh, I think if you could catch an Awake writer in a candid moment, you might hear him say, "well he is now".

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Even if the guy was a JW the Awake! would never have published a story about it because the elders would have instructed they guy to put the money in the World Wide Work donation box.

About a week later all of the elders would have shown up at the meeting with new cars.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

..... after keeping $20,000 for himself.....

• delilah
    delilah

Ain't that the truth, Else???? lol

• Satanus
    Satanus

I found $12,750.00us in the ceiling in a house i was working on. I put it back. 'Course, i'm a stupid apostate.

S

In canadian at the time it was about $20,000.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The man found a suitcase with $200,000 Reais inside, the equivalent to about $80,000 dolars and returned it to the owner the next day.

Later, he discovered he'd failed to carry the one in making the currency exchange in his head, and the dollar amount was substantially more than the $8 he originally calculated.

• observador
    observador

They could very well try to convert the man and then tell his story in the Awake!, retroactvely... everything for a good witnessing...

• not the administrator
    not the administrator

call me an asshole but i'd of kept it. that much money in one place has drug money written all over it. i wouldnt of batted an eye

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit