Where did the insects go?

by Ring Wielder 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

I know that it is commonly believed that the whole planet was flooded. But words like world also mean mankind/humanity and the flood destroyed all such humanity outside the ark but did not flood the whole planet. So the insects and many animals on different continents did not even know there was a flood.

Joseph

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Interesting comment . I read a book about the Flood of Noahs day and there is strong evidence of a regional flood. Also in times long ago when Africa an Spain split apart at the pillars of Hercules and the Mediterranean filled up that would have seemd like a global flood becaus ein those days the word Mediterranean literaly means the middle of the earth - so this basin filling would have seemed like a global flood. Do not forget most conservative religions especailly the TWBTS consider the Flood of Noahs day to be GLOBAL not REGIONAL. I for one have no problem with an ancient flood, but one described in Genesis is nonsense and a truly global flood is not backed up by scientific evidence

• carla
    carla

Cockroaches can survive anything!! carla

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    I know that it is commonly believed that the whole planet was flooded. But words like world also mean mankind/humanity and the flood destroyed all such humanity outside the ark but did not flood the whole planet. So the insects and many animals on different continents did not even know there was a flood.

joseph,

i have to say that this makes God look pretty weak and feeble. not to mention all the extra mental gymnastics one would have to perform to make this modern spin work wit what we understand about the nature of god, sin and salvation.

TS

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

oh, where have all the arachnids gone? long time passing... oh, where have all the spiders gone? long time ago...

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Comment: I for one have no problem with an ancient flood, but one described in Genesis is nonsense and a truly global flood is not backed up by scientific evidence

Response: I see nothing wrong with the account in Genesis. I do see many problems with the way it is interpreted and how words used in this ancient text are used and applied.

Comment: i have to say that this makes God look pretty weak and feeble. not to mention all the extra mental gymnastics one would have to perform to make this modern spin work wit what we understand about the nature of god, sin and salvation.

Response: There is nothing to this comment that makes sense to me. Failure to understand the text or Biblical illustrations does not reflect upon God or the author of such texts. The problem as I see it is somewhere else.

Joseph

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Comment: I for one have no problem with an ancient flood, but one described in Genesis is nonsense and a truly global flood is not backed up by scientific evidence

Response: I see nothing wrong with the account in Genesis. I do see many problems with the way it is interpreted and how words used in this ancient text are used and applied.

Ahh interpretations. There is nothing wrong with it if you interprete that there must be a 'There was never...' part before each sentence.

How do you want to interprete it to make sense? I really wonder...

Danny

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Perhaps and example is in order here:

The scriptures teach that Jesus was taken prisoner by the Romans during Passover and was imprisoned for 6 days before being executed on the day of Preparation for the 7 th day of Passover. Now did anyone notice this? No! Nearly everyone teaches something else and spins this chronology so as to conflict with the texts. So it is with the flood.

Joseph

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

You did not answer my question in this case....

How would you interprete the story of the flood of Noah that it would make sense.
    (this is important for me as this story is one of the main reasons I stopped believing the dub teachings)

Danny

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Response: There is nothing to this comment that makes sense to me. Failure to understand the text or Biblical illustrations does not reflect upon God or the author of such texts. The problem as I see it is somewhere else.

i would prefer to blame god, rather than pathetic humans. afterall, Mr. Omnimax did not do a very good job of explaining how it all happened, ergo all the confusion about it today. he could, if he wanted, make it perfectly obvious what happened at the flood. but instead, he prefers to be shrouded in mystery. so again, god seems pretty feeble and weak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit