New Light?

by jaffacake 15 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    So the WTS was teaching darkness before and is now teaching light? They pass it off on Jehovah revealing His truths in His due time

JWs describe other religions teachings as:

• falsehoods
    • false doctrines
    • false prophecies
    • pagan doctrines
    • false religious views etc etc

When they are guilty of these things the language changes to:

• past truths
    • old truths
    • cherished errors
    • views in need of refinememnt
    • misplaced optimism
    • serious disappointments

Sunspot - thanks, I've been looking for that WT quote!

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's true, and it's a good point that I am making note of for future use.

The light is not new at all. It's the same old light. At the end of a tunnel, it just gets brighter. The analogy to new light is faulty.

Getting to the end of a tunnel allows you to see things better. For example, say you're wearing socks with an intricate pattern. You can't see the pattern in the dark, and as you approach the light you can see even more detail.

It's not that you think you're barefoot, then surprise, you're wearing socks.

For example, pretend we're in 1899. Either the world is going to end in 1914 or it's not. Either the world is going to end within our generation or it's not. Either we're barefoot or we're not. We should be getting the big details pretty accurate even if we're still in mostly darkness. We might not know the small details (pattern on socks or specific date of Armageddon), but we do know the basics.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I like that rebel8 - the WTBTS's tunnel is more like a series of sewers though.

• Terry
    Terry
    Getting to the end of a tunnel allows you to see things better. For example, say you're wearing socks with an intricate pattern. You can't see the pattern in the dark, and as you approach the light you can see even more detail.

That light at the end of the JW tunnel is the oncoming train!

T.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    the oncoming train!

containing CT Russell's body wrapped in a toga!

• myelaine
    myelaine

jaffacake,

have looked up the scripture (in its proper context). Firstly, it does not even mention "new light" at all! Secondly, who can read the whole chapter and honestly say this is about God's progressive revelation of informaton to an organisation appointed by Jesus to teach people truth in the last days?

(Proverbs 4:1-20)

I would say that this scripture does not speak of an organization appointed by God, or any "new light" that that org. might find to tell.

In context...it is a man beloved by God telling YOU to learn, understand and love the knowledge of God.

this Scripture...1 Cor4:1-5....tells us that until the Lord comes "things" will be hidden, plain and simple...

Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I know nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but he who judges me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts; and then each one's praise will come from God.

Now, the WBTS has infact revealed the hidden darkness of the counsel of their hearts. That's what judging before the Lord's time will do for you!

michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit