What smell takes you back to your dub days?

by mtbatoon 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The smell of an old AC unit with mildew.

The smell of mop water in a civic center.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Aftershave

Extra Gum

Baby Powder scent deodrant

Dams

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

the pages of musty books...the library in our KH was in the basement...all the books had that musty/mildewy scent...I have an odd fondness for it...go figure

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

The smell of burning matyrs

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I still to this day can't eat/smell an Egg McMuffin. (damn you Muff'n'egg!!!!!!). Or.....Every time I'm in a public restroom, and there's an old guy in there dropping anchor and stinking up the joint, it always takes me back to the District Convention men's facilities. Mmmmmmmmm......urinal pucks and old man poop......

• JW83
    JW83

I get deja vu sensations all the time, but I can't isolate a single smell or sight. It's funny, one moment I'm there living my life, the next I'm back in the old back room of the bookstudy I went to when I was 14 ...

• Ellie
    Ellie

The smell of the literature

• defd
    defd

seeing that I am still a witness id say that the smell of a pretty fall morning. sunshining and dew on the ground. You know what I mean?

• JW83
    JW83

seeing that I am still a witness id say that the smell of a pretty fall morning. sunshining and dew on the ground. You know what I mean? Nope.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Popcorn, especially a particular brand of pre-packaged salted popcorn (Manhattan, I think.)

It was sold at conventions in exchange for temple currency food tokens. Probably the first place I had popcorn.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit