What smell takes you back to your dub days?

by mtbatoon 62 Replies latest jw friends

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

Old heated paint.

Let me explain. The old KH I went to would give off this strange smell of burnt paint ever time the central heating was put on. I can't strip paint with a hot air gun now without memories of kingdom melodies surfacing.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Dirty diapers!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Autumn leaves, preaching door to door mornings with a new tract declaring some disaster. Just this October I had a deja vu of F.S. 30 years ago in Everett, Mass, while walking a Toronto street. I stopped walking and just took it all in - a day in F.S. alone, a few afternoon bible studies, the evening meetings, and then preparing for the next talk into the night, and it all came from the smell of autumn leaves.

• JH
    JH

Our kh hosts 2 congregations, so often we had our meetings right after the first congregation, and there was all kinds of odors in there, ranging from a mixture of perfumes to stale air....

• keeshah
    keeshah

after-shave

• mtbatoon
    mtbatoon

ButtLight: was that the smell of the KH or the org in general?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

bovine excrement

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Mine is both ofactory and visual. Big heavy floor buffers and wax! You know, from those "it's our bookstudy's obligation to clean the hall this month" and our floor was asbestos tile, and we buffed it weekly on Saturdays so it would be bright and shinny for the Sunday talk.

That was until they installed commercial heavy wear carpet.

I sure missed running the buffer and hated running the vacuum cleaner.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

pine-sol from the women's bathroom

and the smell that came from all the books in the literature room. i can't describe it, but i've run into a couple of times

luv, jojo

• Honesty
    Honesty

Driving up I-5 in Northern Cal and passing the bovine holding pens near Coalima.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit