What exactly is a beer belly?

by sonnyboy 27 Replies latest watchtower medical

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    sonnyboy What exactly is a beer belly?

Post 486 of 491
    since 31-May-05

105 y 6 m

Haha! At 105 sonyboy you've lived a long life I wouldn't worry about a bit of "done-lop" at your age. But on the other hand you might want to check this information out:

http://articles.health.msn.com/id/100057552/site/100000000/

I just don't understand what causes it. There's no fat or flab around it...it's like a hard swelling. Will simply giving up beer make this go away?
    For me the red flag went up when I read the above it sounds like the typical hard belly of an alcoholic who has cirrhosis of the liver where the liver enlarges and distends causing the pot belly or that "my belly done-lop over my belt" syndrome.
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    For me the red flag went up when I read the above it sounds like the typical hard belly of an alcoholic who has cirrhosis of the liver where the liver enlarges and distends causing the pot belly or that "my belly done-lop over my belt" syndrome.

Hot damn! I get to operate!

Now where did I put that hacksaw?

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

I haven't been drinking for that long, and it's not big enough to lop over my belt. LOL

Don't you have to drink for so many years to get cirrhosis? For the past month or so I've been drinking an average of six beers per day for some reason.

• vitty
    vitty

My husband can get a beer belly in just 2 weeks if hes drinking too much. When he stopped his belly goes down.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Did you see the doc yet, sonnyboy?

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    My husband can get a beer belly in just 2 weeks if hes drinking too much. When he stopped his belly goes down.

That's good to hear; I have less than a month before school starts back up.

Black Sheep: I'm going to give up beer for a while and see what happens before going to the doc. I won't have medical insurance for another month or two.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

IMO theres a difference between a middle class gut and working class beer belly.

Ive seen lots of rich partners at my old accountancy firm so Ive had a lot of time to work this one out.

Middle Class Belly - is hard and upright. Its sort of stuck to the front of the rich guy, and his fat little face looks kind of suprised that its there. It is fuelled by lots of business lunches. On NO account have sex with the posessor of one of these. Dont be fooled by the money. If that hard medicine ball comes bouncing down on you, you are a goner. Concussion at a minimum.

Working Class Gut - its real flabby. It hangs low. The string vest does nothing to hold it in. It wobbles alarmingly. Its fuelled by several pints a night. On NO account ever have sex with a person possessing one of these! You may suffocate.

In both cases the owners try to disguise their prize possession by wearing trousers that sit BELOW the gut, and are held up with a belt (as the trousers are pushed so low, there is no bum to hold them up naturally). The gut hangs over the top.

The wearer of the trousers can kid himself that he is at least three sizes smaller than he really is. If he bought trousers that went round the full circumference of the gut he would be forced to admit the truth every morning when he got dressed.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    In both cases the owners try to disguise their prize possession by wearing trousers that sit BELOW the gut, and are held up with a belt (as the trousers are pushed so low, there is no bum to hold them up naturally). The gut hangs over the top.

LOL! I remember back in the day men used to wear their pants high up over the gut to hide it. Remember Fred Mertz from I Love Lucy? Towards the end of the show his trousers were all the way up to his chest.

Anyway, I stopped drinking beer for a while and everything is back to normal. I guess too much fluid was building up from excessive drinking and I pissed it all away. I definitely feel better, which is the most important thing. I still need to shrink about 1/2 inch more to fit back into my 32's. Binge drinking is not worth buying a new wardrobe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit