What exactly is a beer belly?

by sonnyboy 27 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Just re-reading your last post sonnyboy, I think you should go and see a doc now.

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Well, I have been on semester break, but I'm not sure how much that has to do with it. I also eat like a bird and haven't gained much weight at all. I've been between 165 and 170 lbs. for years.

I also haven't worked out or exercised at all since I've been on break, but can someone get out of shape that fast?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    but can someone get out of shape that fast?

That's what concerns me. Go get a checkup.

• Vassago
    Vassago

No Sonnyboy, You can not get out of shape that fast!

And for you to be having abdominal pains or liver is not a good thing!!

Please go see a doctor today or tomorrow!!!

• blondie
  • lawrence
    lawrence

Blondie-

Too funny! Sonnyboy- Mine had to go, or it would have grown, Beer bellies are never steady state. Sounds like you NEED a M.D. visit immediately. How's the blood pressure? Blood in the urine? etc. etc. etc. Take care of yourself.

• JH
    JH
    JH,I want your metabolism...k?

I've been drinking an average of 3 beers a day since the last 4 months, and I even lost 2 lbs...

Sorry Shera...

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Calories in alcohol are used before stored fat calories, so you can’t rationalise that drinking a beer (or two) after a workout counts as a fluid replacement. In reality, post-exercise alcohol is a straight-to-the-hips beverage.

People who are overweight actually gain weight more easily when they drink alcohol.

Calories from alcohol tend to be stored in the gut. If you want six-pack abs, you’ll need to cut down on the booze.

Beer: Non-alcoholic beer actually has the same calories as alcoholic beer: 148 calories in a pint. If you drink a light beer – like Bud Light – you’ll only take in around 99 calories per pint.

• joelbear
    joelbear

its the 2nd most beautiful part of a man.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I was watching a medical show the other day and it was mentioned that the classic "beer belly" is a symptom of diabetes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit