Dungeons and Dragons game & JW urban legends

by rebel8 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
    Valis

Anyone ever see Mazes & Monsters? My parents let me watch that just so they could say "See! We told you so!"...this was after they had found one of my many D&D stashes, bitched me out and then "destroyed" them... They never did find them all...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Valis
    Valis
    To their surprise the very next day the game board and pieces were back under the bedroom in their room, to which they say is attributed to demonic powers.

Parents need to have a secret trash can for throwing stuff away, because I would wait till the middle of the night and go dig my expensive D&D stuff out of the trash..

• Shining One
    Shining One

You are not going to believe this. I am a 'dungeon master' of old! I played under another friend around '90 and then ran a game for one of my sons and his high school buddies. I ran some Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms, Undermountain, Ravenloft, Planescape and Spelljammer.
    I used to write my own intros, fleshed out towns and cities, hopping from world to world. I was kind of generous over the years and they rose to mid twenties level in about 3 or 4 years of steady play. We had a real detailed world and characters, who even died once in a while! They played into their early college years. I still have a bookcase full of 2nd addition stuff!
    Rex

• avishai
    avishai
    After that, I never heard Brother Super-Righteous mention D&D again. But I don't really think the reason for that is because of the chewing out he got from the elder that morning. No, I'm pretty sure the reason I never heard it from him again is that he was disfellowshipped shortly after that because he had, for years, been sexually molesting and raping his two preteen daughters on a regular basis.

Has bro. self righteous been turned in to the police? The statute may not have worn off yet, and even if it has, he's likely still doing the same stuff. I'm sure the authorities would be interested regardless. Then you could send him a D&D module in the clink to play with his buddies! Ya know, something to fill the time, as a kind gesture.

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

I wonder if there aren't a lot of secret 'Goreans' within the elders ranks. The societies view of women conforms nicely to Gor and it's philosophy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit