JWS leading a double life

by greendawn 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I am sure that it is extremely common. I know I was always doing something I shouldn't have, which isn't difficult given what a big list of things you shouldn't do they have!

In addition, they are constantly taught that everyone not a JW is getting drunk, swearing, taking drugs, stealing, cheating on their partners and so on, so they think that behaviour is normal anyway.

• Ellie
    Ellie

I know a few but they are all young (teenagers and in their 20s) so I don't blame them one bit.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    Do you know (or have you ever known) of apparently loyal or even fanatical JWs that lead a double life? They may appear Godly and obedient but in secret they bend the rules eg by fornication, cheating etc

yes, I know some on this board are. One is typing this mesasge at the moment. What you want to know about it?

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

I knew a lot of of JWS leading a double life. Most of them were young ones who would live a wordly life outside but be a 'perfect' JW inside the hall. I myself was one of them, along with my cousins and also most of the elders sons. I remember going out partying friday nights right after the meeting and I would run into so many of them that we would tell each other not to say anything to anybody. I'm surprised I was never caught in my own lie since I was living the 'double life' for a couple of years.

• undercover
    undercover

I knew several...then I joined their ranks for awhile before leaving altogether

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

As far as "double lives" go, I suspect that some of the couples fool around before they get married and then later on confess it to the elders.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    God could I tell you ll some stories, I do not say anything because of course I am leading a doubl life by being on this board and thus "apostate"
    Hahaha.... I second that!! Btw, your stories aren't about me, are they?
  • dedpoet
    dedpoet

at all the dc's i attended, there were always some who went straight to the local pubs afterwards and caused mayhem, so much so that around dc time a lot of pubs had "no jehovahs witnesses" signs in their windows. pioneers and elders, some of whom had parts on the dc programme, were amongst the worst offenders

• hurt dave
    hurt dave

oh boy this ones the kicker ive known of two myself for thinking i hate my father along with all the other "sins" i was commiting and my father who made me feel so bad for just wanting to be myself while he would be out and about cheting on my mom hows that for a whopper.

• Gill
    Gill

Yep! My son's girlfriend! She's a full time pioneer and all her family are JWs.

Son and girlfriend sleep together regularly and with the knowledge of girlfriends brothers and sisters who allow them to sleep over at their houses and house sit for them together when they go on holiday.

Personally I believe that the WTBTS is doomed whether others do or not.

The young know it's all baloney and stick with it until they can get more independence from family and probably move away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit