Has anyone ever been to a Christadelphian meeting?

by twinkletoes 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Hi everyone

Since I have been out of the JWs, I have found the freedom to look into other beliefs. I remember when I was in the Org. how they used to say that the Christadelphians are so similar in beliefs to the JWs that they must be controlled by Satan, especially as they do not beleive in Satan as a person/individual. I haven't been to their meetings, but have read quite a lot about them from their own website.

thanks

Twink

• poppers
    poppers

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. No matter what religion you go to, you will simply be shifting away from one set of beliefs to another. Where does it say you need to rely on a set of beliefs? Have you considered dropping all beliefs and simply living in the present moment?

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Hi Poppers,

Since we have been out of the JWs (were in for 30+ years) we have only been to a couple of meetings of Born Again Christians, and although they certainly seem very sincere, we felt uncomfortable with the hands in the air waving and emotional output. Something we certainly were not used to in the JWs. The bible says "get out of her (Babylon the Great) my people if you do not wish to receive part of her plagues..." and so we feel that possibly there is no ONE religion that is acceptable to God. but more it is an individual thing and the life-style that you lead. But saying that, I have looked deeply into evolution and have come to realise that there must be a Creator, and that one day the Creator will keep his promise to mankind.

Twink

• prophecor
    prophecor
    I have looked deeply into evolution and have come to realise that there must be a Creator, and that one day the Creator will keep his promise to mankind.

Sounds like a winner Twink. I still believe the promise as well, the WTBTS doesn't have nearly as many of the answers required to make the claim that they are the only people on the planet with the the backing of the Almighty. I am more comfortable keeping myself outside of the gates, hoping for the best, as opposed to maintaining a comfortable existence inside, with all the inconsistencies that have been taught there.

Hi Twink

art

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Personally I am against organised religion on all fronts, predominantly they are about control, conformity and rule by guilt and fear, I dont know any religion that doesnt...

Spirituality is very personal however and no man should be able to dictate how such spirituality is formed and demonstrated.

DB74

• carla
    carla

I would advise caution with the Christadelphians, as they are listed with all the other cults, including the jw's, of course. just my two cents, carla

• greendawn
    greendawn

Twinkle beware that you don't get involved with another cult after the jws, there are some serious non cultic religions out there but I don't think the Christadelphians is one of these.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

thanks for all the comments

I got the feeling that they were yet another cult, when I read their site. Something I wish to steer clear of.

twink

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I went to one many years ago. Very legalistic, more legalistic than the JW's, if there is such a thing.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I like organized religion. Well, the local church type anyway. They have great pot luck dinners, good rummage sales, and very good picnics. The people are very nice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit