Whoa! Topics are all heavy, time for some music fluff!

by talesin 91 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

And she said "Never Again" and they replied, yes! yes! YES!

I had to listen to it before I sat down to reply. Now, it's "...eye to eye when I woke up this morning!" The guitar and voice box in this tune is awesome!

Another Xcellent Cdn band is Big Sugar ... trust me, you would not regret buying a CD by this band. They broke up recently, but have several CDs out.

I went downtown to watch fireworks. This is a long holiday weekend, with fireworks on Sat, Sun and Mon!!! I was also selling glowstick necklaces. I didn't sell a lot, but there are still 2 nites, and I will arrive earlier tomorrow. And I made contact with someone who is involved with an organization that gives grants to struggling artists ; turns out he was downtown with a friend of mine, who later told him about my artwork. He gave my friend his card, and asked that I call him next week.

Then, I got home and Blue was miaowing and scratching at the door. I opened it ve-e-e-ry slowly, as always, just in case she is lying behind it. She was hanging off the door at chest level! lol! I'm having a hard time typing, cause after an hour of play, she is being very jealous of the keyboard! I hope that gave y'all a chuckle.

Ah, I know whatcha mean, Purza... now I have this image in my head of Nickelback at the Hollywood Bowl .... or some similar spectacular venue,,, or a swanky, Vegas-type club ...

Dan, I had to restrain myself, it's after 3 here. Wishing I had earphones sometimes, but more often a house in the country! Never Again is one of THE best songs, ever.. this band blows me away. Next time they come to town, I will not miss them, even if I have to go by myself, it will be a good time!

Last month, Collective Soul was here, and I couldn't go... ...another of my post-modern rock favorites, and I like the fact that they don't push their religion in their songs.

Confession time: I can air guitar the whole song, sing, etc. heheh It's a fun thing I never gave up from my teens. My friends and I had an 'air guitar' band. We did every song on "Toys In the Attic" in particular. One of them is a working musician to this day, and is producing now as well. It's one of my favorite things, to go see his band. They are the best bar band east of Montreal (and that's not my opinon, but of those I have taken to see them from Newfoundland, and other parts). I'm really proud of him, he has also turned out to be a good father and all-round nice guy.

tal <------- * Chatty Cathy * class

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Ah, Fiddler, Tovah Feldshuh is the old guy,,,, I love the part where he goes "on the other hand,,, but on the other hand"

TRADITION!!!!!

Evanescence

• talesin
    talesin

LMAO! I forgot the rest of it .. was so long ago. They should have made you watch Yentl, it's much better. :D

xo

tal

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

papa can you hear me

papa watch me flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

brilliant

• talesin
    talesin

Yay! Someone else who liked Yentl! You're the first person I've found, tij, who feels the same. Of course, I'm a big fan of la Streisand, and loved all her musicals. Funny Girl and Hello, Dolly are my favorites. And the Queen Bee number from A Star Is Born is a hoot! Though the flick was panned, it has some excellent songs.

t

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Streisand has a great voice.....and so does tij apparently, very nice. Low key mentioned Faith No More, somehow I missed that post, but Mike Patton is Awesome I heard him play live a few years ago with his other band Tomahawk.....have all 3 cd's from Mr. Bungle...Yeah Mike Patton rules. I am listening to The Cure today, it's raining here and I am in a Cure mood, Head on the Door, Kyoto song.....

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

tal....a star is born has me in tears every time

evergreen...crippled crow...the woman in the moon..and that finale...with one more look at you/watch closely now

in fact im going to go listen to it now...cos i feel like crying today

my least favourite is queen bee

tijkmo..of the still not gay class..(sorry, scotsman)

• ballistic
    ballistic

(tij) thanks for the tracks by the way, they were very good, kind of music you could chill out on all day.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Does anyone remember Mike and the Mechanics? I just re-discovered them today, I don't know why they weren't in my collection already seeing as I have so much prog rock.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

ballistic....mike and the mechanics restored my faith in music a few years ago...in my job at the time the radio was always playing and it was rubbish and then i heard the living years..without knowing it had a genesis connection....try and find a song called..a call to arms..written by all genesis members but performed by m a t m....brilliant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit