I love Liver! What's your favorite recipe?

by Rod P 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• evita
    evita

I love liver! Calves liver sauteed with bacon and onions. Chopped chicken liver with onions and lots of salt and pepper. I also like chicken livers sauteed with onion and a dash of soy sauce over brown rice. YUM!

Sadly, everyone in my family hates it so I never eat it. My mom cooked it a lot when I was growing up. She also made tongue and oxtail stew which was so delicious.

• horrible life
  • talesin
    talesin

I HATE LIVER!!!!

If I have to, I will eat it.... fry bacon till soft, add liver, cook till barely done (don't overcook it, folks, it becomes shoe leather!), then eat each bite of liver with a bite of bacon.

Chicken livers, on the other hand, are quite palatable.... sprinkle with salt, pepper, fry in olive oil w/ garlic slices, and yummm!

Roumaki

Take a water chestnut, cut it in half... place a piece of chicken liver in the centre, wrap with bacon, and secure with a toothpick. Broil at 450 degrees for 10 minutes .... an excellent hors d'ouvres!

OTOH, my cat enjoys them, too!

t

• greendawn
    greendawn

I like chicken livers fried with eggs, onions, garlic and potatoes a kind of omelette. As long as the liver is tender it's acceptable but hard liver I don't like.

• Rod P
    Rod P

Here is that great liver recipe I promised you all: LIVER AND BACON BAKE 6 slices of bacon cut into small pieces 1 cup of chopped onion 1/4 cup flour 1 lb. liver cut into serving pieces 1 1/2 cups milk (or more, if you want more sauce) (I think 2 cups makes it nice & juicy) 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs 1 Tbsp. butter melted Combine bacon pieces and chopped onions in a skillet. Cook until the bacon is crisp and onion pieces are tender. Remove onion and bacon. Keep the drippings right there in the skillet for frying the liver. Mix together: 1/4 cup flour + 1 tsp. salt + a dash of pepper. Coat the liver with the above flour mixture. Reserve or set aside any of the remaining flour mixture not used. Next, brown the liver in the above bacon drippings.(About two minutes on each side, I think. Make sure the skillet is very hot first, before browning.) (High heat + short time = tender liver) Remove the browned liver into a casserole dish. Now blend the left-over flour with the remaining drippings in the skillet until smooth. Use a large spoon in a circular motion to blend. (Remember, the skillet is still very hot.) Add milk and cook and stir until this sauce is thick and bubbly. Pour the sauce over the liver. Then sprinkle the bacon and onion pieces all over the top. Combine the bread crumbs with melted butter on the stove (low heat). Then sprinkle this on top of the liver mixture. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit (175 degrees centigrade). Bake uncovered for 25 minutes (or until the liver is tender.). Enjoy! Note, if you have a large family, just increase the above ingredients in multiples. For example, the about recipe calls for 1 lb. liver. If you wanted 2 lbs. liver, then double everything else. Rod P. p.s. I am sure I used too much detail for all you cooks out there. However, there may be some who are just learning how to cook, and for them I was giving the recipe in simple steps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit