I love Liver! What's your favorite recipe?

by Rod P 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Our family likes liver even the kids. They actually ask for it.

I only use calf liver, as it is tender. I salt and pepper it. Put thin slices of bacon on top of each piece then broil until done. Along with a side of sauteed onions. Yum, Yum.

cj

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

When I visited Bethel, we were invited for lunch, an lo and behold they served Liver-YUCCH!!! My mother would make liver, and it would be like shoe leather, and I would gag trying to eat it. She would end up force feeding it into my mouth, and make me chew it until it was dissolved. I was not allowed to wash it down with my drink either. I haven't had liver in more than 20 years since I've left home.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

wrapped in bacon, sauteed in Garlic Butter and then au flame with bourbon

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'm a lily livered liver lover from Liverpool!

I adore liver - my mum used to make the best liver, bacon and mushroom stew. Unfortunately I can't bare the sight or touch of raw liver so I can't even try to make it.

Fortunately my local Italian does a big bowl of chickens liver in wine as a starter and so I do get an ocassional liver fix.

I do have a very gross story about liver and my sister.

When we were kids my middle sister used to hate liver so much that she would put it in her mouth and then after a bit of chewing secrete it in her hand and at the end of the meal she used to go upstairs and drop it behind the ches of drawwers. God knows why she didnt use the loo or the bin! Anyway we didn't find out until we moved house and moved the furriture and found these dried up bits of meat. Yuck!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Btw, I just remembered. There used to be a Wyatt's cafeteria (or something like it) in Garland, Texas (burbs of Dallas) that served a dish called "Liver Jordaniere." It was liver, dredged in flour, sauteed, with a sweet/tart lemon glaze on it....Scrumptious!!!

Frannie

• Englishman
    Englishman

Next time you make spaghetti bolognese, try throwing in some chopped chicken livers with the mince. WoW! So rich!

Englishman.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I like liver when it's where it should be. The list of ingredients on the cat food can.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Nothing can get rid of me quicker than the smell of liver. I hated it all my life, though I tried to choke it down a few times. I have to admit that on one occasion, after a very hard days work, a co-worker invited me to his home for dinner. What did his wife make? LIVER! I ate it just to be polite, but I was surprised at how good it was! I even had second and third helpings! It must all be in the preparation.

If it weren't for my gout I'd try making it myself.

W

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

finally free i have to agree, liver does smell rank - but when cooked properly it tastes fab.

• kls
    kls

Yup , it will be days now before i will eat,after my dog bringing somethings leg home this morning and reading this ,,Gawd , i don't feel so good Pass the bucket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit