Police give man amputated foot back

by loosie 20 Replies latest social current

• loosie
    loosie

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0726amputated-foot-CR.html

Associated Press

Jul. 26, 2005 11:55 AM

LAWRENCE, Kan. - Ezekiel Rubottom now has his left foot back exactly where he wants it — in a bucket on the front porch. Police in Kansas have returned the amputated foot to him after seizing it during the weekend to check out just how it got there.

Unsure of what to make of the unusual discovery, police confiscated the severed foot and put it into evidence storage.

• kls
    kls

Oh yuck,people never fail to amaze me by they sure can shock me

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

cj (of the "remind self not to be eating while reading" class)

I almost lost my lunch. The yogurt ain't sitting well

cj

• loosie
    loosie

I'm sorry I should have put a warning on this thread. " Do not read with your mouth full"

• rebel8
    rebel8

I work in a hospital. Sometimes the old time Catholics ask for the severed body parts and they actually bury them in cemetaries. I assume they put it in the same plot they plan to be buried in when they die. Otherwise, what would the gravestone say? "Here lies the foot of so and so, may it rest in peace." Wierd, if you ask me.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    I'm sorry I should have put a warning on this thread. " Do not read with your mouth full

LOL, Loosie. Yep you should have.

cj

• FMZ
    FMZ

Loved the story, I'd probably do the same :P

Cracked me up where it says he cut a couple of his toes off. lmao, just imagine having your own foot on your chopping board with your cleaver, selecting the perfect toe to give a friend.

FMZ

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

My husband lost his hand in an accident years ago. He was asked what he wanted to do with this severed hand...He said what are my choices? They told him he could have a funeral and burial for his hand or they could throw it in the incinerator. He choose the incinerator.

Lisa

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

On Monday, police returned the foot to Rubottom after taking him to the hospital, where he signed a release allowing them to see his medical records.

WTF?!?!?!?!??? Why did they need to see his medical records???? I would think it would be pretty easy to determine that the guy did, in fact, have a foot amputated, therefore the odds are that the foot they found on his property is his!!!

This is not a case for Columbo, for crying out loud.

No Apologies

edited to add: I think the guy should consider suing the cops for mental anguish or something, just because they are that dumb.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

When you think you have heard everything, then something like this story comes along.

A "recovering methamphetamine addict" need we say more.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit