Superstitious JW Nonsense

by 95stormfront 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

OMG, Wasa, ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

• lawrence
    lawrence

Hey remember the discussions of whether the demons could read your mind, or not, and whether you shouldn't speak so the demons don't hear you. And then some idiot asks, "can the demons read your writing?" And another maniac replies, "if it's legible." What a nuthouse!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I'm going to send all my JW ex-friends wind chimes for Christmas. That should help ease their fear of the demonz.

*** w81 6/1 31 Questions from Readers ***
    It is the custom in some countries to put up wind chimes with the thought that they will keep evil spirits from entering the home. Obviously, a Christian would not make use of wind chimes for such a purpose. So if there is such a superstitious belief in one’s country, or community, it would not be wise to have a wind chime in the home. Thus no one will be stumbled or given the impression that Jehovah’s Witnesses make use of wind chimes for some unscriptural purpose.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

No personal experiences, but plenty of anecdotes over the years. It is funny how they inevitibly come from sisters who were, how shall I put it "highly strung". It is not surprising when they print stuff like this .. This was a brochure dated 1991 and the section is quoted fully as it appears on cd rom.

sp pp. 11-12 The Demons Are Killers! *** [ Spirits of the Dead, Can they Help or harm You?}

The

Demons Are Killers!

"Satan and the demons have always been cruel and dangerous. In early times Satan killed the livestock and servants of faithful Job. Then he killed Job’s ten children by causing "a great wind" to destroy the house they were in. After that Satan struck Job with "a malignant boil from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head."—Job 1:7-19; 2:7.

In Jesus’ day, the demons made some people speechless and blind. (Matthew 9:32, 33; 12:22) They tormented one man and made him slash himself with stones. (Mark 5:5) They also caused a boy to cry out, dashed him to the ground, and "violently convulsed him."—Luke 9:42.

Today, Satan and the demons are as murderous as ever. In fact, their evil activity has increased since they were thrown out of heaven. Reports from around the world testify to their cruelty. They plague some people with illness. Others they harass at night, depriving them of sleep or giving them terrible dreams. Others they abuse sexually. Still others they drive to insanity, murder, or suicide.

Lintina, who lives in Suriname, relates that a demon, or bad spirit, killed 16 members of her family and tormented her physically and mentally for 18 years. From firsthand experience she states that the demons "enjoy torturing their unwilling victims until death."

But Jehovah is able to protect his servants from Satan’s attacks.—Prove"

• Es
    Es

Yeah there have been heaps, the smurf story as many have mentioned is a good one apparently they start moving around walking and talking, someone else mentioned the cabbage patch, i had so forgotten that one, i wasnt allowed to have one for a while coz apperently they were demonic.I heard of a story once where a brother had a pebble in his home apparently it was demonised, things would happen to him pots and pans would fly at his head, so he buried this pebble. Well the next morning it was inside his house again and the same things started happening. I cant really remember what ended up happening. es

• loosie
    loosie
    Of course there's always the one about the Smurf that came to life in the hall and beat up a Cabbage Patch doll while a group of witness kids were in a hot tub getting syphllis because thier ride was held up with a flat tire and had a bird fly over and crap on him. It took over an hour to wash the poop off him!

LOL @ Wasanelder Once

If you hear voices or demon-caused noises, what can you do? Turn your attention to the things of God!

I believe Physcoligists call this PTSD. And there are pills for it.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    her friend, who upon cleaning a relatives house, found a voodoo doll with a prayer to demons written on paper that it took an hour to burn.

How appropriate that this discussion started with a voodoo doll, since - apart from JW's - the religion of voodoo is the only one I know of that teaches that objects can be "infected" by evil spirits (excluding the most primitive forms of animism, that is). The concept is certainly nowhere to be found in the Bible, from which the JW's claim to take all their teachings.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My bible study conductor said he bought a wooden crocodile in Papua New Guinea and then started having demon attacks. He cut it in pieces and threw it out but it appeared whole again on his doorstep. He then tried to burn it and it took hours to burn.

I always wonder if it is an urban myth, except he claimed it happened to him

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

Here is one story i heard-

Family buying a trailer home and needed a mattress and the landlord guy said there was one not being used anymore and let them have it and put it in the trailer. The let thier little girl play on it while they continued talking w/ the neighbors. The also had a baby in a crib in a back room.

When they walked back in the little girl was sitting on the mattress and petting an invisible cat saying "nice kitty, nice kitty" and had a seductive look on her face (at the age of 3?..). The parents were disturbed by this and tried to pick her up and were thrown against the wall by an invisible force. The father then tried to get the baby from the back room and was banged back and forth against the wall in the hallway. He was able to get the baby and the mother got the little girl. They all ran out of the house. Later they asked the elders to remove the mattress. After that nothing strange happened anymore. ----

Now for the story that actually happened to me.

About 12yrs old? And i was home alone watching TV. I had been speaking to a friend that was an avid believer of the dark side. And mentioned how he can even control some demons. I decided to get off the phone w/ the guy. Soon after that my television sound went blaring loud. Logically i tried to think what went wrong. I tried the remote to turn it down. It didn't work. Well, the remote must be broken. I go to the t.v and try to turn it down there. It doesn't work. I then get this very creepy feeling of something watching me. As trained as a JW i know you are supposed to say Gods name to get demons to leave. So i try it. I push the button to turn the sound down and say " jehovah" over and over. The sound starts to go lower. It finally goes down to normal and so i stop saying 'Jehovah" and take my finger off the button. The volume again rises to the top. Okay.. at this point i am totally freaking!

I had ran to my parents room for safety. I finally get up enough nerve to go back and try again to turn the sound down. Saying 'jehovah' while pushing the button works again. It goes back to low and i let go and stop chanting. The volume stays at a low level. "whew" And at that very second my parents walk in the house. I tell them everything that just happen and they laugh at me and say it was just electrical or something.

Anyone that can help explain that situation to me i would appreciate it.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

And at that very second my parents walk in the house. I tell them everything that just happen and they laugh at me and say it was just electrical or something.

Anyone that can help explain that situation to me i would appreciate it.

It was just electrical or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit