What a pretty summer so far!

by Bendrr 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Don't you guys take Steph too seriously, he's kidding you!

It's just past mid-winter and even in the highlands the daffodils and other spring flowers are out. Down in the big smoke I saw that some trees are already budding. If this is a hard winter, may we have many more.

I heard that you've had some 'hot' days in England this summer. Did the railway tracks melt?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"You can know the law by heart, without knowing the heart of it"
    Philip Yancey, What's So Amazing About Grace?

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Winters always hit us hard, Ozzie. We live in a Housing Department house, which for some reason was built to be porous! At least we've got a couple of extra heaters this year, but it's still a pain in the kidneys!

Q: How do you know a Dub loyal to "Jehovah's Organisation" is lying?
    A: Their lips are moving.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Don't talk to me about winter! Today it was 35C (95F), with a humidity factor of 40C (104F).

I'm watching my lawn perish in front of my eyes. I trust all you foreigners appreciate what his lawn means to an Englishman. My bloody lawn is turning BROWN!

Of course in six months it'll be -20C and my lawn will be buried underneath two feet of snow. And it'll be brown again DAMNIT!!!

Expatbrit

• Francois
    Francois

Bendrr. Yeah, I know some places on the beach. Recommend you get a room at Lighthouse Point Condominiums. I have an 800 number for them around here somewhere I'll send to you direct as soon as I can dredge it up. There are plenty of motels on the beach, but I wouldn't stay in one of them on a bet. The law requires that sheets on a motel be changed daily. No such rule applies to the bedspread. And you don't want to know what research has found in motel bedspreads.

Anyway, the best set of digs in Lighthouse Point is the C building. Faces the ocean. I stayed in C-24 when I lived in Atlanta and went to the beach for fun and games.

There's a Spanky's at the beach...local oasis that's pretty good. And an International Breakfast Club (I think it's called) that's got the best breakfast I've had anywhere.

Will post more when I find the phone number for Lighthouse Point. When are you planning on coming down? Recommend after Labor Day.

Francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit