What a pretty summer so far!

by Bendrr 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Stephanus.

Good! That'll teach you to beat us at cricket.
    Hope you freeze!

• larc
    larc

Hi,

We have had real nice weather here in Ohio. I don't go out in it because it is too hot. I just look at the green trees and blue skys through my window while I sit in my air conditioned house. If God wanted me to go outside, he wouldn't have created air conditioning.

I do believe that this nice weather with no tornadoes, huricanes, volcanic eruptions, or earth quakes is a sign that Armaggedon will be here any day now. I am heading for my basement just to be on the safe side.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I'd gladly swap The Ashes for a warm winter, Pubsinger. Still, since you buggers invented the game, you'd think you'd be better at it...

Q: How do you know a Dub loyal to "Jehovah's Organisation" is lying?
    A: Their lips are moving.

• Francois
    Francois

Hey Waiting - I haven't seen any posts from you about my book. I must admit that I don't read each topic, and then I don't read all the posts in any given topic. Bad habit, I guess.

I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss my book with you if you'd like. My private email is open for use as well. That would be hard to miss.

Sorry about missing your conversational gambit. Please try again.

Francois

• Latte
    Latte

Hey Pubsinger!

Where are you in the Uk? It's RAIN, RAIN and more RAIN forecast for the next WEEK where I am!

(Latte, tearing hair out trying to keep the kid's entertained.)

• its_my_life2001ca
    its_my_life2001ca

Wish I could say we were having a nice summer but we're under water restrictions. Our lawns are a glorious gold but unless I'm mistaken green is my colour of choice. We've had weeks of temperatures in the 30's which has contributed to lethargy on my part and I must say I'm looking forward to a cool fall.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Gee,

There seems to be a lot of us in Georgia or nearby.

If anyone gets to Atlanta, let me know.

hugs

Joel

• bigboi
    bigboi

Bendrr:

Ain't that the truth! Man, the weather has been perfect ever since Spring. Down here in the N.O. we've had maybe 2 or 3 days where the temp reached 95 or 96 degrees. That's after having temps in the high 90's on a regular basis for the past 3 summers. Also the rain has returned! We were in a virtual drought down here the lsst 3 yrs. Now we got showers again regular in hte late afternoon. It's welcome relief to me dude. Also, because the rain is back crawfish or crayfish aren't as high as they used to be. They had reached almost 4 bucks a lb. Now they're back down to about 1.50. All in all it's been a great summer dude. I hope the rest of you and everyone else's yr goes as well.

ONE....

bigboi

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I can't complain here either. Down here in Dallas, it's only hit 100+ a few days. Last year we had 56 days in a row of 100+! It gets hot, but it sure could be a lot worse. The management in my office keeps it so cold though, I have a space heater at my desk! Haha!

Billygoat

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hey Francoise, I'm right up I-16 from you in Macon.
    And I believe it was hurricane Andrew not Opal that gave us the flood.
    I've been thinking about taking a weekend to go to Savannah this year, I haven't been to the beach in about 12 years. Can you recommend a good spot down there where there are bars and restaurants on the beach? Especially bars.
    Joel, I didn't realize you were in Atlanta. Next time my nerves can deal with the traffic and all the Yankees, I'll look you up for sure!
    mike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit