Did antone say anything silly/stupid/absurd at a study?

by badboy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

One elder I knew apologised at the beginning of a MS talk he was giving because he was still eating a sweet. Afterwards he walked off the platform and was heard to mumble 'thanks goodness thats over' as he crumpled up his notes... class!

• damselfly
    damselfly

This story is from my mom as I was just a baby.

An elder was scheduled to give the Sunday talk. He wasn't feeling so good but decided it was his duty to still deliver his speech. He got to the KH at the last possible moment walked to the platform and began. He talked very briefly before excusing himself and walking to the back, where he went into the washroom. After a few minutes he returned to the platform and proceeding to tell the congregation that he had diarrhea and please excuse him. He could manage about 10 minutes on stage before he would excuse himself, walk to the washroom at the back of the hall, relieve himself, walk back up the stage where the whole performance was repeated again. He gave the whole talk apparently.

I'm glad I was just a baby, if I had been older I would have been smacked for giggling.

Damselfly

• Honesty
    Honesty

I forgot everyone's name at a Book Study once and just pointed to whoever had their hand raised and said, "You're on" which got me a severe counsel session with the PO and his chief minion Thursday night after BS.

I can't help it if they all looked the same. That should have been my clue back then that something was just not normal about this group of 6 million peoples.

• rebel8
    rebel8

What does gobsmacked mean?

Why is it wrong in their eyes to say, "You're on"?

• Redneck
    Redneck

Elder: Whats a 2 edged sword? MS: It's a sword that has 2 edges so it cuts going in and coming out.. Elder: Thats uhhh right.. DOUTTTTTTTTT

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

I got council for talking about Jehovah's fantastic promises... Apparently they aren't fantastic, they are real

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

"Gobsmacked" means surprised or shocked. Your gob is your mouth, lol.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Who's Antone?

W.Once

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    What does gobsmacked mean?

Astounded. Amazed.

Elder: Whats a 2 edged sword? MS: It's a sword that has 2 edges so it cuts going in and coming out.. Elder: Thats uhhh right.. DOUTTTTTTTTT

Redneck, I never fail to be gobsmacked by the vast knowledge of the Congregational elders etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit