disfellowshipped for gluttony?

by onintwo 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps
    Being skinny does not mean that a person is not a glutton. Their body may burn it off. But they are taking more than their fair share of food perhaps at meal time or when a guest a someone's house.

There is one sister at the hall who was known at every gathering for eating or taking home all the extra food. She was not thin per se but not very large either, she just had decent metabolism.

But nope since I still haven't made the final cut from the borg there is no one I know of who has been df'd or had a jc for it. Ironic isn't it.

The only time I go to buffets is when my rents want to go somewhere fairly cheaply.

• Faith
    Faith

Before Armageddon hit in 1975 there were rumors that the psycho ex acid freak elder wanted to initiate disfellowshipping for gluttony in the Torrance KH. I guess he didn't get the ok from whomever an elder needs to get the ok from.

This one JW lady was so strange to me. I was about 11-13 yrs old and she would drink glass after glass of wine daily. She said she had to because she had a three foot long worm in her stomache. She was serious. I couldn't figure out why she just didn't go to the doctor and have it removed????

Faith, still can't figure it out.....lol

• upside/down
    upside/down

I know someone who was DF'd for being a gluttonous philanderer...does that count?

u/d (of the glutton for punishment class)

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy
    she would drink glass after glass of wine daily. She said she had to because she had a three foot long worm in her stomache.

I bet the worm would have preferred Tequila...

• Frog
    Frog

Hi guys, my beautiful cousin who was diss'd a couple of years before me battled with an eating disorder for some years because of all the emotional torment she had been put through by her elder dad and family. It got to the point where I was well aware of the issue and wanted to get her help. I made the mistake of speaking with my straight down the line dub elder bro-inlaw about it. His only comments to me were; "she could get disfellowshipped for gluttony"...and that was all that sorry son of a said to me about it. Did I mention that I extremely dislike that pathetic man, from what I hear he hasn't changed a skeric. v

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Isn't it ranked right up there with drunkeness, adultery, murder, etc.?

No, don't be ridiculous. I must say that you cannot tell a glutton by clothing size. I know plenty of people who eat like hogs but are very slender. I also know very heavy people who eat normal amounts of food. I know overweight people who are always dieting and very careful what they eat. Personally, I eat far less than I ever did when I was thin. I don't feel as hungry nowadays.

My definition of a glutton is someone who gorges on food constantly. A glutton doesn't eat dessert, they eat half a cake or more. A glutton would eat that way all the time and I mean huge amounts of food. Gluttons come in many sizes: they are not all fat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit