disfellowshipped for gluttony?

by onintwo 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onintwo
    onintwo

Hello JWD board community. Just wondering.. Has anyone ever heard of a person being disfellowshipped for the terrible sin of gluttony? Isn't it ranked right up there with drunkeness, adultery, murder, etc.?

Has anyone heard of anyone even being reproved for this sin? Just wondering.

Onintwo

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Now I'm a big boy my self... but not a glutton.

But if JWs could get in trouble for gluttony... i know a lot who would be losing privileges...

Ever seen a brother in a wheelchair have mic duty?

• onintwo
    onintwo

Nope, never seen a brother in a wheelchair with mic duty. Different issue, though.

• carla
    carla

Can I turn in a certain elder & family that are all above the 'average weight'? How about someone who eats twice in one night? Would that count? carla

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

I think all of us as Dub's were gluttons for punishment. :)

• onintwo
    onintwo

That would be funny. A height/weight index chart right by the front door. Right next to the scale.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I remember making a comment one day how I and my family were going to an all you can eat buffet at one of our seasonal resturants close for the year, and how we were all saving up for it, meaning we weren't going to eat much till we went, and the elder had the, what ever you want to call it, to say something about not to be a glutton!!!!!!!! It took us by surprise and we didn't really know what to say!!! The resturant BTW was a seafood resturant and lobster is my FAVORITE food so I was going to eat as much as I could!!!!!!!!! And I didn't care what he said!! As for someone being DS'F for it no, I personally never heard of it before, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone was! Those %$#^*$$*

• talesin
    talesin

Legolas,

How many lobsters didja eat? Enquiring minds want to know (I set a record myself once,,,heheh,, I'm a glutton when it comes to all-you-can-eat LOBSTER, I confess wee-haaa!)

Onintwo,

I have never heard of ANYONE being DF for gluttony, neither in RL, or on the discussion boards. They would have to DF too many people, in my opinion, and you know that soooo many JWs have 'thyroid' problems and other ailments that cause them to be so overweight (read, 'depressed people have weight issues!').

tal

• Legolas
    Legolas

Talesin.......I don't remember......But when it comes to lobster if your buying, I'm eating and I'll test how many I can eat!!!! !hehe

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Typical elder jackarse. Can't for one moment relax, let his hair down, and simply ENJOY life for 20 minutes without some judgemental crap spewing forth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit