Deep meaning of my thread

by gringojj 15 Replies latest jw friends

• gringojj
    gringojj

Many of you have read the post entitled "How fortunate we are!!!!!". But few if any know the origins behind it. So I will now explain why the quetzal thread came to be.

The origin of the quetzal thread has deep meaning for me. It was about a year ago when my wife first introduced me to jw beliefs. The first thing we did was go on the official site. I remember not knowing anything about what they believed, but down in the right hand corner of the screen were the words "The Quetzal-The resplendent bird" and I thought what in the hell does that have to do with thier religion? After a year or so of investigation I came to my conclusion. Absolutely nothing. But it my quest to find out what the relationship between the quetzal and wts was, I learned so much about how crazy they were that in the end I guess it makes perfect sense. The quetzal is on the wts website because it has nothing to do with them. The quetzal question has come full circle.

Resplendent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

How fortunate you are!!! to have figured this all out with out actually committing your life the insanity that is the WT.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

http://www.unep-wcmc.org/species/factsheets/quetzal/sheet.htm

Population estimateBelieved to be in continuing decline

? common link ? se

• Emma
    Emma

How does your wife now feel about the wts?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

gringojj,

Because of your Quetzel thread, I learned a little more about who you are and have come to appreciate you very much.

How fortunate we are indeed!!!

Hugs

Brenda

PS... Yes, what does your wife now think?

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Obey!!! erm. amen.

• gringojj
    gringojj

Thanks everyone. You are all truly resplendent. My wife is at a place that as an atheist and a person who has always been encouraged to think freely I can not truly understand. We debate about it alot. I need to be careful not to impress my beliefs on her too much. The thing is that like I told her the other day, I dont't necessarily want her to be an atheist. I am trying to get her to a place where she is comfortable without all the answers. I explained to her, I do not believe in a creator. But if it were proven to me tommorow that there was one, I would say ok, adjust my life accordingly, and go on. If she devotes her life to the wts and puts all her eggs in that basket, if they fall apart someday she will lose alot and her whole faith will be shattered. I dont know if I am putting this accross in a way people can understand. The wts claims to have all the answers to everything and I think thats the problem they have. Alot of thier answers are wrong and dont make sense. Why cant people just be happy and say "I dont know, and its possible that I never will" and go on with thier lives. I have met dubs in my short time that have said to me they would prefer to put thier faith in the wts with the chance they could be wrong then go out into the evil world. My wife still hangs on to the belief that dubs are the only people in the world who follow bible principles. She says she wants to be no part of this world. Turn on the news, its all bad. Well I told her if we had a news channel that just had good news, it would run 24/7 and never even come close to reporting all the good things that happen in one day. I agree it is sad, but if you dont look at the good in the world, all you see is the bad.

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

The most significant difficulty with the org is the 'all or nothing' mind-set, which means that if you genuinely question and debate you are already in the 'nothing' end of the binary opposition...

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

JJ, you come across as a very intelligent, and loving man, father, husband. Keep loving your wife and discussing the issues. And be there when she "falls". That's the best you can do.

Also, raise your children to think for themselves, and don't allow the narrow minded attitudes toward friends, education, and after-school activities - these are necessary for a well-rounded childhood.

Hugs

Brenda

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel
    I am trying to get her to a place where she is comfortable without all the answers.

exactly.

JW's think they have all the answers and that makes people happy. A psuedo happiness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit