Your scariest or funniest 'out in service' stories!

by out of the box 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Legolas
    Legolas

misanthropic...... Yes I always tried to take out territories that had a store or someplace that we could use the bathroom. And I always took out country because it wasted more time haha!! But that's the truth!!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

OMG I cannot believe I left this one out! When I was like 12 we were out in service in our car which was well known as the "mafia mobile" (it was a long white ugly station wagon). Anyway, there were these two "older brothers" who were like in their later 20's. Both of whom my little sister and I were very much smitten with. She and I had to sit in the very back, and it was blasted hot on this particular day. Well my parents dissappeared on this return visit and left no air on for any of us to survive. So after awhile the brothers I mentioned before, started asking questions such as, "when will they be getting back?" and "is there any way to turn on the air without the keys in here?". So I felt like this was my que to impress them with my problem solving abbilities. I said, "here, I will just open this back door all the way down and we can get some good air flow". Being that I was only 12, I didn't realize that you shouldnt open a door that opens flush with the ground while the window is still up. Therefore, as the door slammed open and the glass spread all over the street, I looked up at them and just said, "uh oh, somebody is gonna be in trouble". I tried to act "cool" about it but I am sure they knew all was not going to be well as my parents came running back from their call wondering what in the sam hill just happened! Needless to say I still feel that if it weren't for that little "incident" we would have died from heat exaustion that very day.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    "A young man came to the door in a towel and asked me what I would do if he dropped the towel.

I looked at him right in the eye and said Mr. if it be somethin I aint never seen before I'd

shoot it!"

Good one!!LOL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I got shot at!!

• loosie
    loosie

out of the box

The brothers in your hall sounds like a bunch of sexist pigs.

• out of the box
    out of the box

loosie, I think you are right, and they didn't last much longer than me in the 'troof' as it has been called here. Wife & child beaters and work avoiders I called them as I saw them!

out of the box

• just fine
    just fine

Let me preface this by saying that I have a fear of grasshoppers, no other bugs just them. I was working unassigned territotiry and we were at a farm in the middle of nowhere. The "sister" I was with was talking to a farmer in his mid 40's and having a fairly nice conversation when a grasshopper flew down the front of my dress. I started screaming and flapping my dress up and down trying to get the grasshopper out, but it appeared to be stuck in my bra. At first the farmer was startled but then as I ran around the lawn trying to get it out of my dress he started laughing, then she started laughing, and by the time the grasshopper flew out of my dress we were all in tears. Stupid brother in the car tried to counsel me about my actions at the door bringing reproach on Jehovah.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Funniest:

Four brothers in my car. The most stuck up and self righteous one goes to the door. On the way back he stepped in some dog product. He tried to scrape his nice shoe on the lawn to clean it off with little resulting success. So he reached down and grabbed a handful of dry grass to wipe it off with. Of couse he grabbed a handfull of dog product as well. He got back in the car but had to hold his hand out the window all the way back to the Hall so he could wash it. We called him the "Dung Grabber" from then on!

Scariest:

At the door of a Pentacostal fellow who insisted on the laying on of hands. He chased a young brother and sister trying to put his hands on thier foreheads while screaming about the Holy Spirit. This guy was at least 6'5'' and 250lbs. Whew, what a wacko. I know, they asked for it by going to his house uninvited, but c'mon there have to be limits of behavior no matter who it is. I intervened to rescue this little bro and sister. What creep he was. He followed them down the street to the car where they thought they could avoid him. He wouldn't let them get into it. He kept after them with his hands extended in annointing mode. I basically told him to take a hike and leave the kids alone. I calmed him down and sent him on his way. Could've been really ugly and physical. He was on Fire with the Holy Spirit.

W.Once

• Legolas
    Legolas
    He kept after them with his hands extended in annointing mode.

I guess he was just trying to save them.lol

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Dog product! LOL

I used to play dog product spotting on service when I was a kid. Whatever happened to white dog poo? Was that just a 1970's thing?

Best one I ever saw was balanced on a low clipped bush. I spent all morning trying to work out how that dog managed to balance its ass right in the middle about a foot above the ground. I should have used it as an introduction on the doors

"good morning, we are in the area this morning asking people if they have any opinion on how that dog got his shit balanced on that bush over there. Can I ask you your opinion?"

It could have led onto a discussion about how awful dogshit is, and how dogs wont shit in the new system, cos god will wipe away their bums.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit