Who Is Engineering the Re-branding of Jehovahs Witnesses

by millie210 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210

Is it an outside source?

An inside job? Maybe the younger GB "helpers"?

What is your guess?

Has anyone heard anything verifiable about who exactly it is?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Since most of the GB has been replaced in the last 15 years, my guest would be the new blood on the GB. Before that it was run by a bunch of 80+ year old men. It has been discussed on here before that the GB are just figure heads and the real power is silent stock holders of the corporation. Others on here know how it is set up. Not sure if there is anyone in particular that has more say.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    Bill Gates and the inter-net
  • cappytan
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I have nothing verifiable but I'm sure that it is a 'worldly' PR agency. The Governing Body simply do not have the imagination to come up with these things.

For instance, members of the GB were using humor in their assembly talks. I doubt they thought of that themselves, quite the contrary they must feel embarrassed, especially the ones that are no good at it, but go long with it. And their subordinate 'helpers' convincing them to crack jokes and get the GB to actually go along with it? No way.

Too many things are happening all at once. It's a well thought out and organized plan. It's outside help I'm sure. 

• millie210
    millie210

William, new blood among the GB and "the money men" (stockholders) that is interesting.

Fink, well true I guess lol!

Cap, thanks for the link. I was looking for where I had read that today and couldnt find it.

Village, I tend to agree that it is outside help. I started thinking this after someone here posted the Mormon version of Caleb and Sophia,

Wow. It looks like the same "style" of approach. 

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

millie, I found something interesting at http://www.silentlambs.org/Denmarklawsuit.htm

"The Jehovah’s Witness Public Relations Official, J. R. Brown actually suggested to media that the reason members were disfellowshipped was due to possible sexual sins or theft.  As a result of these comments, Joe and Barbara Anderson filed a $20 million dollar lawsuit for slander and the reversal of the disfellowshipping decree." 

It makes me think that they had PR men all along. Still, I believe that the changes in the Watchtower came from another PR, one that specializes in this kind of stuff. The Governing Body must have been desperate in seeking and following advice.

By the way, can you provide a link to the Mormon version of Caleb and Sophia? 

• Simon
    Simon

They have always had PR people / spokesmen but what they seem to have now is sales and marketing and a concerted re-branding effort.

The nature of the change, being so sudden and involving a name change (JW.org instead of Watchtower) suggests its not organic but is based on some consulting whether it's external and paid for or not.

• millie210
    millie210

Thanks for that link

and here is thethread where the  Mormon Caleb and Sophia one was shared.

This will blow your mind.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/287222/caleb-sofia-have-mormon-cousins?size=10&page=1

• millie210
    millie210

Here is a little info about Corey Egbert. The illustrator of the Mormon Caleb and Sophia cousins.

He says he is available for illustrating work.

Was he hired?

I would think no if he is a Mormon? But who knows these days?

http://www.coreyegbert.com/about.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit