Who Is Engineering the Re-branding of Jehovahs Witnesses

by millie210 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• millie210
    millie210
    The nature of the change, being so sudden and involving a name change (JW.org instead of Watchtower) suggests its not organic but is based on some consulting whether it's external and paid for or not.

So  Simon when you say not organic does that mean you strongly suspect an outside consulting firm or am I reading you wrong? 

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I cannot confirm, but I had heard that they are waiting for Mad Men to finish so that they could hire Don Draper.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I'm sure they are getting some outside(confidential) help, because these guys with their ban on higher education are in a fix and they need to look outside their deluded selves to come up with ideas.

But I could be wrong and they are just flying by the seat of their pants, and listening to Anthony Morris' sock puppet Jehovah.

• millie210
    millie210

TTWSYF -I like the way you think.

Brokeback W - I dont think you are wrong. The new stuff has a slickness and appeal that AM doesnt seem to be able to generate on his own. He seems better at offending when they let him off the leash!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Based on their latest music video, probably the stage show producer for Busch Gardens. It takes a gift to make such a corny broadway show spectacle as a singing literature cart. 

Next will be WT video games.  Willy the happy cart vs Sparlock the wizard warrior! 

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Rebranding does not happen by accident. The skill in the rebranding that I see could only happen with a highly skilled consulting group. The society paid big bucks - based upon what I see they got their money's worth.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    Who Is Engineering the Re-branding of Jehovahs Witnesses

Is it BonaFide?

• Magnum
    Magnum

Wow! What a coincidence! I was just talking with somebody today about this. I used the terms "internal" and "external", wondering whether the changes came from within or an outside source. I tend to agree with this:

Village Idiot: I have nothing verifiable but I'm sure that it is a 'worldly' PR agency. The Governing Body simply do not have the imagination to come up with these things.
    For instance, members of the GB were using humor in their assembly talks. I doubt they thought of that themselves, quite the contrary they must feel embarrassed, especially the ones that are no good at it, but go long with it. And their subordinate 'helpers' convincing them to crack jokes and get the GB to actually go along with it? No way.
    Too many things are happening all at once. It's a well thought out and organized plan. It's outside help I'm sure.

I believe it's external (secular PR/marketing/branding agency) because it's too much of a change in such a short period and because of the nature of the changes. Village Idiot mentioned the humor. I've been thinking about that for a while. It used to be that we were warned against using humor, but now it seems to be almost expected.

w91 11/15 22: Self-control is also very much needed when an elder gives a public talk. A public speaker should be a model of confidence and poise. Some try to amuse their hearers with many witty remarks made just for the purpose of getting laughs. This may betray a yielding to the temptation to please their audience. Of course, all yielding to temptation is a lack of self-control.

I think they've been instructed to lighten up and become more mainstream, use humor, use cartoons, etc. JWdom is not the old fundamental hard-core religion it used to be and is more like a commercial, life-style, feel-good religion. If the changes didn't come from an external source, then JWs are at least copying other groups, and that in itself is bad. All I know is that these changes didn't just gradually evolve. Somebody or some group had to plan them and discuss them at length.

I don't believe they could come from any of the old-timers like the Adams brothers. I just don't see how they could come from inside. They're too radical - too removed from the old JW way. I believe they had to come from somebody on the outside who wasn't scared to suggest such radical changes.

Edit: I hadn't seen NewYork44M's post when I wrote the above.

Rebranding does not happen by accident. The skill in the rebranding that I see could only happen with a highly skilled consulting group. The society paid big bucks - based upon what I see they got their money's worth.

I agree.

• millie210
    millie210

EndofMysteries - you jest but make a good point. If there IS a consulting firm, they would contract out work - such as musical choreography correct? You could be very close there...

Rebranding does not happen by accident.

That is it in a nutshell.

So how can we find out who they hired? 

• oppostate
    oppostate

Does the WTS get help from a PR company or Rep-improvement agency?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit