iWitnesses?

by cappytan 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• cappytan
    cappytan

Campaign of Hate said this on another thread:

They are quite clearly trying to copy the business model of Apple
    It reminds me of the 2013 AGM when they had an apple style technology section, focusing on the new JW apps. Something apple would do at one of their launch ceremonies.
    They are going to try and make JW.org the religion equivalent of Apple.
    Pathetic really.
    I have it on good authority that he's close to the truth. 
    Right before the relaunch of JW.ORG, a source of mine very close to the project told me that there was a JW high up on the Executive team for Apple and that the Governing Body was consulting with them on this project and on bringing JW's into the "21st Century."
    I forgot all about that conversation until I just read CoH's comment. 
    Thoughts?
  • Absalom
    Absalom

That executive from Apple is a very wealthy brother who lives in Miami right on the ocean.  Has a yacht and all.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Yeah I was told he was filthy rich. 
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I wonder if that explains why they're using mostly apple products for assembly halls and KH tech stuff.  The guy inside apple might be using his sway with JWs to help his career and his career to gain power with the JWs.  
  • millie210
    millie210

So this apple brother is a real person?

Anyone have a name?

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I wonder if that explains why they're using mostly apple products for assembly halls and KH tech stuff.  The guy inside apple might be using his sway with JWs to help his career and his career to gain power with the JWs.  

I've heard the same speculation amongst active JWs, but it doesn't really hold up. AppleTV is, by far, the easiest option to use for screen-casting a tablet (using airplay) when conducting a demonstration on stage. 

There are other options out there, but AppleTVs are $99, and it's a no brainer to use them with all iPads, even iPhones.

Other screencast options for mobile devices are cost-prohibitive or are technically complicated.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    I've heard the same speculation amongst active JWs, but it doesn't really hold up. AppleTV is, by far, the easiest option to use for screen-casting a tablet (using airplay) when conducting a demonstration on stage. 
    There are other options out there, but AppleTVs are $99, and it's a no brainer to use them with all iPads, even iPhones.
    Other screencast options for mobile devices are cost-prohibitive or are technically complicated.

No idea about the man but I would agree AppleTV is by far the best wifi screencast option.  Chromecast is not even close.

Would Apple be really that worried about extra revenue from deploying solutions in the WTS?  This is a company that made $7.75 billion in 3 months.

If it was going to be that entrenched then lookout for AppleTV knocking Roku out on the JW TV preferred hardware list..

• cappytan
    cappytan
    So this apple brother is a real person?
    Anyone have a name?

I have no idea what his name is. My source told me that the brother wanted to remain anonymous. He was providing his services for free and didn't want anyone knowing who he was.

I believe my source. He's very reliable...I have known him since childhood.

However, I realize all of you have to take this with a grain of "don't believe everything you read on the internet" salt.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    If it was going to be that entrenched then lookout for AppleTV knocking Roku out on the JW TV preferred hardware list...

Word is that the only reason JWTV went with Roku and not Apple was because AppleTV only allows certain approved "partners" to create apps for their set-top box. (That's why there's no Amazon Prime app for AppleTV.)

Anyone can create a Roku app.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Word is that the only reason JWTV went with Roku and not Apple was because AppleTV only allows certain approved "partners" to create apps for their set-top box. (That's why there's no Amazon Prime app for AppleTV.)
    Anyone can create a Roku app.

What??? There's a limit to the blessings that Jah can bestow???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit