Has anyone requested their Publisher Records or any other 'records'?

by tabbycat 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

JT, I may request you write a little letter for me some time.

anytime, in fact what is normally done is we find a former jw in a city you would like to say you have moved to and then we send it from their zip code to get the post mark- and go from there

but i do recall something about in europe they destoyed all congo records, so at this point,in time there are no records in certain european countries, here in the states we still keep records on pub

• jeeves
    jeeves

i'm really interested in this...

i have no family in the last congregation i was in (i also don't remember the name)... my records were transferred there from the family cong. just before i left that cong, they cleared out the old records and gave them out to anyone who wanted theirs... the records from preaching, and the ones from giving talks. wow, i'm finally forgetting the terminology. oh happy day!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Matty told me that when he left the UK he gave the local elders a fictitious new KH addy in Florida. The addy was really that of a friend of his! Consequently Matty got back his record cards plus a letter from his old PO to the new BOE saying how much his meeting attendance needed to improve!

Englishman.

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

That's a great idea. However, I strongly suspect the gossip machine would go into overdrive if I requested anything (esp. under the guise of 'reactivating'). Someone 'sympathetic' soul would undoubtedly phone my mum to let her know how great it was that I was 'coming back'. Grrrr! Confidentiality is another complete JW myth. I knew a real coven of elder's wives that knew everyone's business, and saw fit to interfere at every opportunity...(BLOOD PRESSURE RISING)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    That's a great idea. However, I strongly suspect the gossip machine would go into overdrive if I requested anything (esp. under the guise of 'reactivating'). Someone 'sympathetic' soul would undoubtedly phone my mum to let her know how great it was that I was 'coming back'. Grrrr! Confidentiality is another complete JW myth. I knew a real coven of elder's wives that knew everyone's business, and saw fit to interfere at every opportunity...(BLOOD PRESSURE RISING)

"Huh? What? What are you talking about? I have not gone back to any congregation."

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

That would be interesting to see what kind of letter the PO sends for someone who has DA'd themselves.

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

Oh yeah. I forgot I could lie now! Sometimes the obvious solutions totally elude me. It that habit of trying to 'preach' convoluted (read: nonsensical) biblical theories...what a tangled web we weave!

• thom
    thom

"I knew a real coven of elder's wives that knew everyone's business"
    Yeah, word getting out that you are "going back" could surely happen.
    I remember an elder's wife telling my wife "***** has to tell me things
    that affect ME, and if it's going on in our congregation it affects ME!"
    No confidentiality there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit