Has anyone requested their Publisher Records or any other 'records'?

by tabbycat 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

Hey JT.

You've peaked my interest. My wife and I would love to get our publishers record card. I'll shoot you an e-mail or call you.

Thanks. I sorry, I hope I'm not hijacking this thread.

• JT
    JT

Hey JT.

You've peaked my interest. My wife and I would love to get our publishers record card. I'll shoot you an e-mail or call you.

no problem

[email protected]

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Publisher: Please may i have all records the congregation have on me?

Elder: What records?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Due to information and privacy laws in the UK, you are ENTITLED to view the information they have on you. Fill out the right form, and they have to cough it up.

http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/eventual.aspx?id=1037&expmovie=1

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I repeat:

• Elder: There are no records.

That will be the standard response.

I know there is the Data Protection Act in the UK and a similar Act has been enacted in Australia. Accordingly, as was revealed on the first "Sunday" program, elders have been instructed to destroy all records requested, even on a court appointed search warrant, and so respond; "There are no records".

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Ozziepost, that was my understanding too. I was told by someone that they dont keep written records anymore because of the new Data Protection Act that says you are allowed to see any written records kept about you.

So instead it must all be done by word of mouth which IMO is way more dangerous - AKA 'gossip'!

Maybe I should try it to see what happens.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    instead it must all be done by word of mouth which IMO is way more dangerous - AKA 'gossip'!

Possibly, but remember, there still are records in the system, it's just that they're kept at Bethel (as in DF/DA) or are purposefully destroyed.

This is part of the obstruction of justice that the Australian Supreme Court judge railed against as revealed in the "Sunday" program.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I know there is the Data Protection Act in the UK and a similar Act has been enacted in Australia. Accordingly, as was revealed on the first "Sunday" program, elders have been instructed to destroy all records requested, even on a court appointed search warrant, and so respond; "There are no records".

Ozziepost, that is illegal!

• heatherg
    heatherg

I never thought of this before! Not sure of what use it would be to me though. hg

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    you got to love it, i got it by playing a wonderful trick on the body of elders since i used to request letters form other SEC all the time

JT, I may request you write a little letter for me some time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit