something silly I gotta share

by lilbit 18 Replies latest jw friends

• lilbit
    lilbit

come and get some :) or tell ya what if there does end up being an apostafest in vegas in oct I will make a massive pan of baklava for everyone

Lilbit

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    Whats the recipe for soda bread Ill try it I love baking.

Any recipe works: http://www.irelandseye.com/aarticles/culture/recipes/cooking/soda.shtm

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

For future reference, check your public library for a book called Beard on Bread, by James Beard. There's a good chapter in there on common bread-baking problems. Meantime:

• It's just possible that you over-kneaded the bread, especially if you're using a big ol' Harley Davidson Kitchenaid mixer.
    • You might have too much flour. Ideal proportions are about 1 cup liquid to 3 cups flour.
    • If there's a lot of whole-grain flour in it, add either white flour or egg.
    • Check the expiration date on the yeast.

Some web pages for you:

gently feral

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Mmmmm, fresh bread. I haven't made that in so long. It's not silly, making bread is a great art. Next time, make enough to share. I would love to try some of yours.

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

I'm on stupid bloody diet, so I have to ration my bread! I LOVE bread! (I have shed a few pounds though!)

• prophecor
    prophecor
    Flaky filo dough drizzeled with honey and studded with nuts. Damselfly

.........................well shut my mouth, after a bite of the Baklava Bread. Sounds Delish

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm getting hungry now.

• Es
    Es

Thats great, I love cooking especially from scratch gives me a small sense of accomplishment es

• Sassy
    Sassy

I agree.. bread can be an art..

I can make it in my bread oven but to make it like my grandmother used to? mine never comes out light... always heavy and not great!

and Baklava, I've never even tried.. but I'd love to have some!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit