something silly I gotta share

by lilbit 18 Replies latest jw friends

• lilbit
    lilbit

I managed to bake bread today and it came out really good.. and I made Baklava for the first time and it is sooooooo yummy I will never go to the store and pay for it again. Stupid I know but Im really proud of myself and had to share.

Lilbit

• damselfly
    damselfly

Bread making is becoming a lost art! There is nothing like a fresh, still warm from the oven slice, with real butter all melty and dripping down your arm

And baklava too? You're my new favorite poster!

Damselfly

• hubert
    hubert

This may sound silly to you, but....What is Baklava?

Hubert

• damselfly
    damselfly

Flaky filo dough drizzeled with honey and studded with nuts.

Damselfly

• caligirl
    caligirl

That's awesome!Fresh bread is so good! Congrats for discovering how fun and easy it really is. We grew up with LOTS of homemade bread (recipe came from an awake in the 70's I think)

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

If you feel like expanding your repetoire, soda bread is very easy to make.

• Carol
    Carol

Not silly at all....it's so satisfying to bake bread and baklava is my favorite desert.....now go back to Billygoats post and check out her recipe! It's fantastic! Made with fresh mint and pineapple rum.......sooo cooling!

Wow, homemade bread, cheese and tropical drinks!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Baklava! Lucky you! And weren't you surprised at how easy it is to make?

Reminds me, I've been meaning to perfect my recipe for Crunchy Sex - it's a kind of cherry-chocolate-baklava thing, but including cherries makes it soggy. I was thinking about trying dried cherries – and then I was diagnosed with diabetes, dammit. <brainstorm> Maybe I could substitute sugar-free cherry syrup for the honey!

gently feral

• lilbit
    lilbit

Whats the recipe for soda bread Ill try it I love baking.

I was surprised at how easy baklava was to make.

Alright now that the bread has cooled it does seem a bit dense any bakers out there have any tips for making it come out better?

lilbit

• kls
    kls

Good for you Lilbit now how about sharing,sounds yummy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit