God's Guitar Hero[s]

by sixsixsixtynine 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I will happily go along with every name that has been said so far... and add in Walter Trout { Ex John Mayalls Bluesbreakers} and Buddy Whittington [currently with John Mayalls Bluesbreakers}

I would also endorse Hank Marvin , my boyhood hero - I was so proud at the time to see him at a Twickenham Assembly working as an attendant..He is indeeed rated by other players . I have heard Mark Knoffler (another hero) pay him glowing tribute.

BTW . Just heard of the sad death of Long John Baldry.. A singer who did so much to further the cause of British rock n blues. I do not know how well he was known Stateside, but us Brits owe him a lot.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks for all these names, guys and girls. I will be checking out the ones i don't know already, god willing.

S

• Ticker
    Ticker

Let us not forget Randy Rhodes, I havn't heard anyone that could belt out scales or a solo like him. As for acoustic players I was blown away by Tim Reynolds, he is absolutely amazing on an acoustic, also I seen Dave Matthews live on several occasions and his playing really inspired me. Dave Matthews fools around with a lot of fifths and minors kinda like the old "Police" stuff, Its really catchy. I also like John Mayer hes got some nice sounding rythyms that he puts out on his acoustic.

Ticker

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine
    Is that a real genre of music? I thought the Society made it up to scare the kiddies.....

Death metal is a type of heavy metal music with thrash metal influences which emerged in the United States (especially Florida and California), Europe (especially the United Kingdom and Sweden) and Canada in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

Death metal has, like most subgenres of heavy metal, proven notoriously difficult to define. Some fans and musicians have a firm concept of the genre, its categories and subcategories. Others consider such categorisation limiting or useless. There is often crossover from one metal genre to another, and the influence of non-metal genres is not uncommon.

Death metal is usually identified by extreme brutality, intensity and speed. "Blast beats" are frequently used to add to the intensity of the music. The vocals - death grunts, (guttural roars) or "growls", as they are often called, are rough and often incomprehensible. Similarly, those not familiar with the genre sometimes confuse it with "death rock", which is an entirely different musical classification altogether.

Death metal's subject matter usually deals with the darker side of society that most other musical styles avoid writing about although some bands such as Dying Fetus write mostly political lyrics. The focus on mortality along with the extreme nature of the music likely inspired the naming of this genre as "death" metal. Other bands still take their lyrical inspiration from horror movies, e.g., early Death, Cannibal Corpse, Mortician. Death metal is known for very abrupt tempo and count/time signature changes, and extremely fast and complex guitar and double bass drumwork. Most bands of this genre use downtuned and distorted guitars (usually utilising two), which play both rhythm and lead guitar parts, a downtuned, sometimes distorted bass guitar, a double bass drum set, and a vocalist who uses the death grunt vocal style. Some bands, such as Septic Flesh and early Amorphis, added incidental synthesizers or other instruments for effects. Of all the Metal genres, Death metal is the most physically demanding of its musicians.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

King and Hanneman of Slayer (although they are probably Satans guitar heroes)

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

Wha' about this geezer?

• Ticker
    Ticker

Satan's Guitarist Coming straight at yah from hell. lmao

Ticker

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

"PhotoBucket.com Bandwith Exceeded?"

• upside/down
    upside/down

Segovia?

His music has gotten me laid more than any other...that's gotta count for sumthin...

u/d (of the likes electric and classical geeetar class)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    His music has gotten me laid more than any other...that's gotta count for sumthin...

Guess this means the wife digs Segovia, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit