How far did the elders expect......

by fairy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• jula71
    jula71

When I got "in trouble" as a teen, I was pulled into the back room. Then they scheduled a JC. At the JC, I was back there bawling like a little girl!! I was telling them I wanted help!!! The only help they offered was a chance to appeal. And I was truly sorry and did want help, so much for "spirit direction!"

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    It helped if you apologized to those you hurt

blondie i wrote letters to all the people i had hurt..not because it was expected of me but because it was something i wanted to do because i had hurt them

my jc told me i had no right to get in touch with them because i was df-ed and it was upsetting them

• Honesty
    Honesty

I feel sorry for the elders because they are forced by the GB to 'keep the congregation clean' in a visible manner while there are a lot of hearts that are diseased in the congregations that will never be clean no matter what the GB or BOE does or says.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    It helped if you apologized to the elders for taking them away from their families.

i had to personally thank my jc for the loving concern they had shown to me

i think even they got that i did it ironically

• blondie
    blondie
    my jc told me i had no right to get in touch with them because i was df-ed and it was upsetting them

I guess they had already decided that you weren't repentant, eh, and had taken the official step of df'ing you. I was thinking more before that had happened.

The elders are not appointed by holy spirit and few of them actually let the Bible be their guide. I have heard of people that were DF'd that I knew were repentant, but one or more of the eldes on the JC had a personal grudge. I saw a sister DF'd for 8 years before they allowed here to be reinstated, her crime, adultery and marry outside her race. But then a brother who had raped his daughter and her friend was allowed to be reinstated in only 8 months.

Go figure.

Blondie

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

We were told in teacher training not to take on a task that it as clear you could not do - for instance forcing a very bad class to sit in silence. Because once they see you have no control over that thing you have lost everything else.

But the elders have the impossible job of (as had just been said) keeping the congregation visibly clean and reading hearts and judging situations they have no understanding of.

Its a total waste of time, and is very stressful for everyone involved.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    marry outside her race

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

My friend's son was told that he would not be disfellowshipped only if he quit sports at school, resigned from FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America), and gave up association with all the kids at school. He was a senior in high school and had gone to school with the same kids since 1st grade. This is a small town. It would be impossible! But this is what the lead elder on his JC told him was necessary for him to prove he was truly repentant.

• blondie
    blondie

What you do with that is comply, have them announce the reproof (or get reinstated, depending on the person's status), and then do what you want (but not another DFing offense).

I know a sister who was told that she had to stop seeing her non-JW boyfriend. So she did, was reproved, then she married him. The elders were mad, but so far you can't be df'd for just marrying a non-JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit